Need Help Novice HDPE1 many questions.

julianploder

Me and my dad each just registered for HDPE 1 at road atlanta for Aug 6-7.

While registering my dad made the mistake of putting our VIN numbers in for the Car number.

1.Is this a problem and can we get the numbers changed?

Also, being new we are unsure of the procedures.

2. I am a minor and have the release waiver. Are there any other waivers we need to have printed prior? When do we show the waivers?

3. My 05 mustang GT has loudmouth axle back exhaust on it. Will this be a problem at road atlanta?

4. My dad drives an 2010 xkr convertible. Jaguar claims it has a very good rollover protection. Is this sufficient for HDPE1?

He is not getting a cage in it ever.

5. I read about a mentor program online. How do I get a mentor?

6. When do we get a scheduole saying what time we should get to the track etc?

While registering my dad made the mistake of putting our VIN numbers in for the Car number.

Not a problem. You will be contacted by the registar when it gets noticed, or you can send an email to [email protected]

2. I am a minor and have the release waiver. Are there any other waivers we need to have printed prior? When do we show the waivers?

At the registration building the day you arrive to the track.

3. My 05 mustang GT has loudmouth axle back exhaust on it. Will this be a problem at road atlanta?

It will not be a problem.

4. My dad drives an 2010 xkr convertible. Jaguar claims it has a very good rollover protection. Is this sufficient for HDPE1?

All factory non-altered convertibles meet HPDE requiremets.

You and your father will both be assigned an instructor for each day. There's nothing more you need to do. There are many private instructors you can hire for personal instruction if you wish to continue your learning once the event is over.

It will be posted in the supplemental regulations and weekend schedule links at the main NASA SE web page:http://www.nasa-se.com/2011Aug06.php

Now quit worrying and just focus on having a great time!

Me and my dad each just registered for HDPE 1 at road atlanta for Aug 6-7.

You need to go here http://nasa-se.com/ and ask Julie Pantas to change your number. A lot of your other question can be answered here also.

Also, being new we are unsure of the procedures.

Probable you will not be able to run Sunday morning

NASA SE is a great bunch of people, relax, they will take good care of you.

I also can't think of a better father/son weekend to spend together - enjoy!

All factory non-altered convertibles meet HPDE requiremets.

As long as his helmeted head in below the line drawn from the windshield header to the roll hoop.

Not a problem. You will be contacted by the registar when it gets noticed, or you can send an email to [email protected]

Send Julie an email so it can get changed before the event. The worse thing for an instructor is trying to find a car with that long of a string of numbers

Bring LOTS of water and sports drink - NO Soda (or very little). I mean three times the amount of water you would normally drink on a hot day doing yard work.

A good plan would be bottle of water on the way to the track, sport drink while registering/emptying car/attending all hands meeting. Then take two bottles of water to class and finsh them by the time class ends.

Then rest room, on track, water/sports drink. Repeat through the day so you stay hydrated.

Its going to be real hot, If you have an easy-up bring it and something to secure it to (old rotors, spare wheels, etc)

• 1 month later...

Send Julie an email so it can get changed before the event. The worse thing for an instructor is trying to find a car with that long of a string of numbers

Bring LOTS of water and sports drink - NO Soda (or very little). I mean three times the amount of water you would normally drink on a hot day doing yard work.

A good plan would be bottle of water on the way to the track, sport drink while registering/emptying car/attending all hands meeting. Then take two bottles of water to class and finsh them by the time class ends.

Then rest room, on track, water/sports drink. Repeat through the day so you stay hydrated.

Its going to be real hot, If you have an easy-up bring it and something to secure it to (old rotors, spare wheels, etc)

^^^^ What he said, on the water. Start drinking when you wake up if it is going to be in the 90's track will be much hotter. No fun getting dizzy on track, your instuctor will thank you.

^^^^ What he said, on the water. Start drinking when you wake up if it is going to be in the 90's track will be much hotter. No fun getting dizzy on track, your instructor will thank you.

What both of them said about water. I got dehydrated my first time to the track and it was not fun. Also my sure to drink 1 to 2 ratio sports drink to water, if you are drinking sports drink. So 32 oz sports drink then drink 64 oz water before another sports drink, too much electrolytes can be bad for you also. (got this tip last weekend when I had a really bad headache).

Remember only go at the pace you feel comfortable with and always listen to your instructor. I just got signed off to group 2 so I have recently been in your shoes so relax and have fun.