restrictor pill for boost, how may points?

f1honda

I have a non oem restrictor pill in the vac line from turbo to waste gate in my Evo 9. where does it fall in the rules. vac lines are all stock, i just added a different restrictor pill.

12) Aftermarket boost controller or modification/alteration of OEM vacuum lines that serve to

function as a boost controller +4

13) Aftermarket or modified wastegate actuator, wastegate, or vacuum line(s) that

serve to control the wastegate actuator function or increase peak boost +3

thanks,

You should email your question directly to Greg G. ([email protected]) for the quickest and most accurate answer, as anything else here is likely just speculation. Include a link to the product, etc.

You may also decide to post the answer here for future reference.

Mark

I'm with Scott on this one - modifying something for less performance is still modifying it. You might be able to get a waiver for it though, but that'd come from Greg. All unofficial but decent educated guesses

12) "modification" +4

Both 12) and 13) states about modifying vac lines. That's why im confused.

if you ignore all the other stuff before the words "or" in both of them, yes... that's what it says...

I'm with Scott on this one - modifying something for less performance is still modifying it. You might be able to get a waiver for it though, but that'd come from Greg. All unofficial but decent educated guesses

Note that a restrictor in the hose that goes from the manifold to the wastegate actuator allows more boost earlier in the RPM band, which increases performance. It will also allow for higher peak boost until the pressure on the wastegate side of the restrictor equalizes with the pressure on the manifold side.

Be mindful of the TTA weight/power minimum requirements if peak power output is significantly affected.

Mark

The stock vac line from turbo to wastegate has an oem restrictor pill in it. I want to switch out the pill for a smaller one to increase the boost. So its basically modifying vac lines to increase boost which is stated in 12) and 13).

And I know about the hp/weight, im well below that for my class.

Both 12) and 13) states about modifying vac lines. That's why im confused.

Wait - just re-read it and yes they both say "modified" so I don't know.

Never trust an opinion on TTA Evo points when it comes from a TTA C5 Corvette driver...

Mark

I hear there's gonna be a war in Sept