2011 GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge (UTCC) Videos

Element Tuning

I posted this up in Mid-Atlantic and then realized the Ultimate Track Car Challenge is something that's followed around the country so enjoy.

Here as some videos I found on the web along with the Element Tuning STi in car videos.

GRM UTCC 2011 Top 6 car fly by on front straight. Riley DP, Ganassi Challenger, Juno SS3-V6, Element Tuning STi, Popp Z06, MTi Z06

Another front straight video. I love listening to the different cars and to see who's holding on the gas the longest into turn 1. LOL!

Fast group roll out...same cars you see in the above videos but a nice close up of the competition.

Here is in-car footage from practice where I'm doing my best to hang with the Riley DP, session2 where I go off closing in on the MTi Corvette, session 3 where I'm lined up against the cars you see in the previous videos.

The last lap in the video looks really good so I can't wait for the Race Keeper version.

Thanks,

Phil Grabow

How do you like your dry sump system? I'd like to hear more about it if you have time to send me and email. I'm on engine number 3 and I'm not sure whether it's oil starvation or a lousy assembly job.

[email protected]

Damn! The hood and splitter are screaming for help!

l.jpg

Mark

It got pretty mangled in that high speed off (and the driver's side cable got tweaked) but it's supposed to suck close to the ground at speed on purpose. I left guide cable on the loose side so at speed it sucks closer to the ground F1 style It works because the car is fairly balance even with the Fulcrum Aeroworks wing which produces huge downforce.

The hood flex is ridiculous and we actually packed foam under there which puffed it up more than normal but it did stop flapping. Didn't seem to help my cooling issues though.

How do you like your dry sump system? I'd like to hear more about it if you have time to send me and email. I'm on engine number 3 and I'm not sure whether it's oil starvation or a lousy assembly job.

[email protected]

The dry sump we put together was probably one of the best things we've ever done for the car. I lost 3 engines back to back when I started this year. We never had oil starvation issues until we crossed a threshold (lap times) and at that point you're pulling so many gs that the oil gets trapped in the heads, gets puked out by the breather system, and then you starve the bearings. Even with 5 quarts still in the oil pan we were getting bearing damage.

We'll need to talk to determine if your engine builds aren't optimal, therefore you lack the oil pressure to keep from damaging bearings, or if you have an oil starvation issue. Regardless if you have the money there is no downside to running a dry sump on a race car except the cost but we've put together an extremely affordable kit. Given how much you've spent on three engines I know you'll feel it's worth it, I certainly did and I have a full time engine builder on the payroll

Contact me directly or give me a little time to get back to you as I'm playing catch up this week at the shop.

Thanks,

Phil Grabow

Awesome Race Keeper In Car Videos: Danny Popp and Element Tuning Lap 1 (where the MTi slides out):

Element Tuning Only 1:56 lap 2

Great videos and lap times man. Very happy that you guys got right back up after the crash....

I have an ignorance/curiosity question. Is there a reason you have not gone to a sequential gearbox yet? You all are probably at a point where it's really tough to find more time on the track and obviously put a significant amount of R&D in.

--Doug

noticed you pulled on your straps again, I assume that's going to be a habbit from now on

I swear that's like my nervous twitch or something. I tend to do it more when I'm pushing it and getting bounced around. The violence of the ride makes you feel like you're loose in the seat

Great videos and lap times man. Very happy that you guys got right back up after the crash....

I have an ignorance/curiosity question. Is there a reason you have not gone to a sequential gearbox yet? You all are probably at a point where it's really tough to find more time on the track and obviously put a significant amount of R&D in.

--Doug

I started flat-foot shifting the car again which is harder on the transmission so it can lock out of gears occasionally. It needs a fluid change but switching to sequential box would be prohibitively expensive to handle the power we run.

We ran a 1:55 two weeks prior and for the UTCC we made some changes that both improved and hurt things. We added a Gurney flap to our Fulcrum wing which definitely helped the rear grip exiting some of the mid speed turns. That better grip allowed me to power out more aggressively but it caused some push on entry so I had to slow up more than I have. Once we balance this out we'll shave some time. We also need to increase spring rate with the increased df and the higher tire temps we were seeing (more grip).

The bottom line we have plenty more speed to extract