2011 NASA Championships! Who's going? Planning....

Jeremy C.

• National Staff

Hi folks,

Lets start a new topic about the event. Who is all going?

Judging by the entry list, we have a FANTASTIC field already and I'm hoping we can pick up a number of other racers over the next month.

I've been able to setup a tentative paddock spot for HC only in the paved area for any folks who elect to spring for the paved parking. Having been to Mid Ohio in the past and pitted in the grass while it poured rain, I'll never be doing that again. So, anyone that gets the paved parking option, please let me know and I'll get you setup in the HC paddock area for the event! It's great pitting everyone together so we can all hang out, get to know each other, and have a great time.

Here's what we can look forward to at the event courtesy of HPD!

All HC entrants will receive $500 from HPD following the event just for competing in Honda Challenge.

All HC entrants and crew will be provided a catered lunch Thurs, Fri, and Sat in the HPD Honda Challenge Hospitality area! (This was awesome last year).

Each HC classes with 10 or more cars will be eligible for the large cash prizes offered up by HPD. (http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/hpd_contingency_program/2011_HPD_Champs_Contingency_Info.pdf)

HC Specific Paddock area!

HC will have it's own race Group!

Not to mention we have a great contingency offering from Hoosier this year for the event. (http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/hoosier_tire_contingency_program/2011_Hoosier_Tire_Champs_Contingency_Info_Spec.pdf)

Hawk is offering some substantial rewards as well. (http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/hawk_contingency_program/2011_Hawk_National_Championships_Contingency_Info.pdf)

Here is the latest entry list which looks awesome!

.HC 1 Michael Fries

.HC 1 Kevin Helms

.HC 1 Andrew Lee

.HC 1 Jonathan Meris

.HC 1 John Oldt

.HC 1 Peter Swarts

.HC 2 Jonathan Baker

.HC 2 Zephyr Belski

.HC 2 Stephanie Belski

.HC 2 Colin Botha

.HC 2 Jeremy Croiset

.HC 2 Ron Dodson

.HC 2 Donna Gilio

.HC 2 Chad Gilsinger

.HC 2 Andrew Locke

.HC 2 Jeremy Lucas

.HC 2 Erik Olson

.HC 2 Eric Ross

.HC 2 Brian Shanfeld

.HC 2 Edgar Villarroya

.HC 2 Eric Waddell

.HC 2 Egidijus Sadauskas

.HC 2 Richard Hunter

.HC 2 Angelo Dinkov

.HC 2 Sean Barwick

.HC 4 Bradley Allen

The support from HPD is really great.

I haven't looked into how much it costs to paddock on the paved section yet, but paddocking in the grassy field when it pours does suck. And paddocking with everyone together would be nice.

A quick question though;

All HC entrants will receive $500 from HPD following the event just for competing in Honda Challenge.

Does that mean you have to place, in order to get the $500? Do you still get it even if you get DQ'd or DNS?

Last year as long as you made a concerted effort to fun you got paid. If your car broke on Thur. or Fri. and you made an effort to fix it and race but couldn't you will probably get the $500. May be different this year though.

• National Staff
Last year as long as you made a concerted effort to fun you got paid. If your car broke on Thur. or Fri. and you made an effort to fix it and race but couldn't you will probably get the $500. May be different this year though.

I can't say this is 100% the case, but, HPD has been super helpful to the Honda Challenge racers in the past and I see no reason they would change the rules for this year!

Hope that answers your question Drew!

That does answer my question. Thanks. Very nice of HPD for what they did last year.

I looked at the cost for paved vs. grass. I have a feeling I'll be in the grass again along with some of the guys from the east coast.

• National Staff
That does answer my question. Thanks. Very nice of HPD for what they did last year.

I looked at the cost for paved vs. grass. I have a feeling I'll be in the grass again along with some of the guys from the east coast.

We can make it pretty affordable if we are smart about it!

Would anyone be interested in parking just their car their under a canopy with tools and such to work on there? We can get a spot and split it among a few people that way!

IMO, the parking is really worth it in case of the foul weather because it's a pretty inexpensive part of the event and can make or break the enjoyability of the event. Having been at Mid Ohio twice during the rain, I was SOOOO happy I had the paved parking the second time around!

I'd be happy to try and help coordinate something for us all...

We can make it pretty affordable if we are smart about it!

Would anyone be interested in parking just their car their under a canopy with tools and such to work on there? We can get a spot and split it among a few people that way!

Depending on cost I would definately be down for staging the two Belski cars in the paved area.

Just as Andrew said, Stephanie and I will be parked in the grass as we will be camping. Is there power in the paddock?

I got a pave spot when I signed up months ago. Knew they could go fast. So yes, please see if we can get mine located with everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just crewing for the collective nehc crowd and sleeping in a trailer. So i'm not worried about parking. I would like to know if hpd lunch festivities are open to crew.

-spenc

• National Staff

Spenc,

Something tells me you won't have a problem bud as you are a Honda Racing Line member as well.

But yes, the lunch festivities are open to crew as well.

• National Staff

Folks,

In light of the new release regarding all the awesome stuff HPD HC competitors get racing at the Champs, I want to help coordinate the paved parking area at the event.

We will all be parking in a marked off spot in the upper paved paddock area that I will mark out when I arrive at the event!

To facilitate getting everyone in there and having ample room, lets park all unused trailers in the grass area above the upper paddock. Then we can have our cars, tools, etc in the paddock. Basically, if it serves no purpose to be in the paddock, lets keep it in the grass.

I think if we do this, we'll have ample room in the HC area for everyone at the event!

Should be a great party area!

I've been able to setup a tentative paddock spot for HC only in the paved area for any folks who elect to spring for the paved parking.

Folks,

In light of the new release regarding all the awesome stuff HPD HC competitors get racing at the Champs, I want to help coordinate the paved parking area at the event.

So if I'm reading the update right, HPD is now helping to provide paved paddock for everyone? Wow.

Folks,

So if I'm reading the update right, HPD is now helping to provide paved paddock for everyone? Wow.

Folks,

In light of the new release regarding all the awesome stuff HPD HC competitors get racing at the Champs, I want to help coordinate the paved parking area at the event....Should be a great party area!

After party in garage #28

BYOB....shots optional

• National Staff

I've been able to setup a tentative paddock spot for HC only in the paved area for any folks who elect to spring for the paved parking.

Folks,

Correct!

I just read a great write up in Honda Tuning mag about jmeris, congrats and good luck this year! I look forward to running in HC next year once I complete comp school.