Considering the Schroth Profi II HANS harness...

Cobra4B

I use a DefNder neck brace which works fine with 3" shoulder belts. Anyone know if the HANS version of the Profi II with the 2" shoulder belts will cause any issues?

Anyone use this harness setup? Do the 2" lap belts fit better on the pelvis like their marketing material states?

Do the reverse lap belt pulls work as well as they appear to? I like the idea of being able to pull up on the thing and really crank myself in. Currently pulling down doesn't work so well with me in the car so I pre-adjust them and then suck it in and work to get the lap belt connected.

~Brian

I use the standard 3" belts with my defnder. Works well, but I did take a dremel and cut away/smoothed the outboard wing that traps the belt over the device. Just the little "hook" at the bottom, nothing at the top. My chest strap adjusters would catch on that hook when getting out of the car. Now they slide up and over the defnder when you release your belts. Perhaps a 2" belt might be less likely to get caught, I don't know.

I do like the pull up lap belts though...

Thanks guys... I'm most interested in the 2" lap belt with the "pull up" configuration. Seems like it'd allow you to really crank yourself down.

Both versions work really well. The other benifit of these belts is you can adjust and relocate the position of the adjusters on the belt so it does not interfer with different seats.

Brian, the pull up lap belts (regardless of manufacturer) work much easier than the pull downs for the exact reason you've discovered. I've found that once the length of the lap belts has been set, I've never had to pull them up again, ever. The shoulder belts, when pulled down, pull the necessary tension on those lap belts and the crotch belts into a tight configuration.

I pull the shoulder belts as tight a possible after inserting the ends into the cam lock while on grid. During the parade lap, I'll "snap" pull the shoulder belt ends again. I find that this pulls out some slack that is still in the belts. Then part way through the race, while on a straight, I'll "snap" pull them again, and even more slack is pulled out. I think the slack comes from my body settling deeper in the seat.