Peterson unlikely favorite for upcoming TWS event!

Al F.

• Members

With just over one week until the Texas Region event at TWS, rookie driver Ryan Peterson is the hands down favorite to land his first Spec 944 win and even sweep the weekend's races. Those close to 944 in Texas know the only other registered driver, Al Fernandez, simply cant be counted on to survive a 25 minute race in the mid summer heat.

"I'm not surprised" comented Peterson. "Fernandez is old and fat, I figure by the third or fourth lap he'll be toast". Fernandez could not be reached for comment.

Current series points leader Kevin Webb commented "I would of course win if I were there, but hey, you have to give these guys a bone every now and then right?"

Of course Ryan will win. His the head on his motor was installed by Clown Shoe Motorsports. The head on Fernandez's car was installed by a Chevy guy.

If I can tear myself away from the shop for a weekend, I'll be there.

-bj

My car is currently at clownshoe getting worked on so it is ready for the event. To get me ready i have been sitting in my oven with it on the broil setting. who's idea was it for a race weekend in august in Texas?

• Members

Todd, I'm sure there are plenty of good choices in College Station. TWS has showers so you can camp at the track too.

Glad I woke you guys up

looking unlikely that I will make it. BJ has found several issues which need to be addressed. if the parts are local there is a shot but otherwise looks like Peterson will win the "holy crap its hot 500".