Questions about rules pertaining to my vehicle.

The_Reverend

So I have the ability to import this:

Greetings,

Meet the Honda Beat

Honda_Beat.JPG

Some specs on the vehicle:

Dimensions:

Overall Length - 3,295 mm (129.7 in)

Overall Width - 1,395 mm (54.9 in)

Overall Height - 1,175 mm (46.3 in)

Wheelbase - 2,280 mm (90 in)

Weight Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GWWR) 760 kg (1,675 lbs)

In the Honda Beat, theres PLENTY of room for a B series, and thats my plan. But I'm confused on what class my car would be eligiable for.

Installing the engine would require no cutting of the frame or modifying the body to accomidate the engine (if I had to remove a panel to accomidate size, is that allowed?) Using the stock rear hubs/kunckles is possible, but I'd prefer to use older Intregra Hubs/Knuckles, but this would require fabbing up a custom LCA.

It would also be necessary to fab up something to bolt to the frame to bolt up to the rear engine/tranny mount.

Is the weight of the vehicle going to be a problem? 1675 lbs.

Will the vehicle itself be a problem?

• National Staff

While I applaud your originality, I'd suggest you stick to something already classed.

The Beat will never be classed in HC. It wasn't every available in the USA and likely won't ever be. Thus, the chances of them showing up and racing in the class are slim to none. Additionally, a new car will never be added to the rules simply for one to start racing.

There are way less expensive options available to hop in HC and I'd HIGHLY suggest taking one of those routes instead. Spend the money you'll save on the importing/car/built, buy a decent car, and get tons of seat time!

In the end, I'm certainly you'll be a lot happier!

A race car is suppose to be an expendable item. Remember, the car can always be written off and any point which is why going with something that's so hard to replace isn't the best idea to begin your racing endeavors with.

Just my 2 cents as the Socal HC series director.