Possible DE toy...need input

Cooper93

I just took delivery on a 2000 Honda Prelude, auto with the "sport shift" option and 143k miles. I'm thinking this would be a decent DE toy until the race car is finished. What I had in mind was getting some heavy duty auto trans fluid along with a trans oil cooler. Do you guys think this would be sufficient to help protect the auto trans? Road Atlanta is coming up this weekend and I'd definitely have to do this work this week if I want to play.

Thanks!!

Trans cooler - yes!

Whatever synthetic trans fluid you can put in there will help as well.

Make sure your trans cooler gets lots of air thru it.

Trans cooler - yes!

Whatever synthetic trans fluid you can put in there will help as well.

Make sure your trans cooler gets lots of air thru it.

Thank you, sir! I will head out and find me a trans cooler and synthetic trans fluid.

I would suggest only running Honda ATF because of the internal seals and passage ways. But and over size trans cooler is a very good idea plus a trans temp gauge along with oil pressure and temp and you should be good to go.

Just make sure when the car is done, you make a huge signature for your posts on the forum. I think you could stack it on the Subie...don't even mess with a side-by-side shot.

Just make sure when the car is done, you make a huge signature for your posts on the forum. I think you could stack it on the Subie...don't even mess with a side-by-side shot.

I was waiting for someone to say something about my big azz picture....it took a while. I'm impressed!

I was waiting for someone to say something about my big azz picture....it took a while. I'm impressed!

You have a big pic in your sig never noticed

Hey Cooper how is your Subaru coming along? I was working the turn 3 corner station at CMP for your incident.

Well, let's just say it's not gonna take as much money as I thought to fix it. I'm kinda sworn to secrecy right now, but I'm shooting for RRR with the Honda and let's say CMP isn't out of the question for.........

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Cooper how is your Subaru coming along? I was working the turn 3 corner station at CMP for your incident.

Well, let's just say it's not gonna take as much money as I thought to fix it. I'm kinda sworn to secrecy right now, but I'm shooting for RRR with the Honda and let's say CMP isn't out of the question for.........

WELL, the Honda is sold, and I picked up a 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (who woulda thought?) and I have switched things around a bit. I'm going to be using it at my DE toy and building a new engine to swap in at a later date, possibly over the winter.

Oh, and BTW, the new Subaru looks a LOT like the one below....minus the black hood and hood scoop. Whoever is going to RRR this weekend will see it!!

Good congrats on getting the RS

Thanks! It's a far cry from the WRX as far as power goes, but it handles about the same. Less power = less chance for throttle induced oversteer!

Hey Coop can't wait to see it the new subbie, as you are doing ,I'm Workin my butt off to get car ready for RA.Keep me posted,

You coming to Roebling?

Sorry wont be at RR , We are scheduled to work this weekend, And I'm saving up for Decemeber NASA Event , and few other track daze coming up .

Well, you missed it. I went 4 off..............................at 35mph!!! Gotta love standing water and low tread Star Specs!