planning on running hpde's, does car need to be titled?

ArmoredSpecV

I am currently getting my current car ready for track use/abuse and my old car came back into my possession. not sure if i will be able to obtain the title for it this time though...so if thats the case i wont be able to drive it around and was wondering if for any event does the vehicle have to have any sort of title/registration to run or can you just pass the tech inspection and run.

Thanks!

Josh

They do not check to make sure that you have the title to the car. You could technically steal a friend's car, bring it to the track, and run that... as long as you treat it as if it's your own car, no one will know. So, you should be ok.

cool. thats exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

and what do you mean about the guardrail? if you lose control of the car and wreck a guardrail you gotta pay to replace it? seems kinda fucked....isnt that want insurance and the costs of running are for...

anyways, the car i was going to track was my 2002 nissan sentra specv, but now i got my 2003 mistubishi lancer back. If i cant get the title im thinking maybe a 4g63T swap or maybe find a wrecked evo and swap/fab what i can over. gut the car, roll cage, everything....

cool. thats exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

and what do you mean about the guardrail? if you lose control of the car and wreck a guardrail you gotta pay to replace it? seems kinda foo-fiddily-diddily....isnt that want insurance and the costs of running are for...

anyways, the car i was going to track was my 2002 nissan sentra specv, but now i got my 2003 mistubishi lancer back. If i cant get the title im thinking maybe a 4g63T swap or maybe find a wrecked evo and swap/fab what i can over. gut the car, roll cage, everything....

If you damage the track, you are liable for the bill. Hell, when we run at Homestead Miami a few weeks before the Nascar championship in November, you get charged for any grass you tear up!

wow, didnt realize that. i guess ill be a little conservative in the way i push my car while on track then.

im not made of money.