new guy, want to learn more b/4 buying gt mustang

Stoney

wanted to hook up with a TT or AI level Mustang owner to learn about the car and the hobby before I get started. I am in the Raleigh area, any ideas on how to get in touch with someone?

thanks in advance,

John

• 5 months later...

I have a friend who wants to trade a DD rust free black 03 Mustang GT slightly modified(bolt ons and Cobra brakes) manual trans for a drivable rust free e30 with manual trans. He's in Wisconsin though.

If you are new to HPDE and want to drive a mustang keep it stock for now. the best mods for a mustang will be front brake up grade, brake cooling to start with. once u start to progress than can start with little mods to help the suspension. If you are going to want to run TT you do not want to do alot of mods since it will bump u up to higher classes that a mustang wont be as competitive. Now if you want to run AI It is going to require alot more mods to run in the top.

What year mustang are you looking to run with?

wanted to hook up with a TT or AI level Mustang owner to learn about the car and the hobby before I get started. I am in the Raleigh area, any ideas on how to get in touch with someone?

thanks in advance,

John

Come to VIR Feb 17-19 and Mar 23-25, it's not far from Raleigh. Plenty of Mustangs there including the second place national championship AI car, and plenty of people to talk to about 'em! http://www.nasaracing.net/?page_id=13

thanks in advance,

John

Come to VIR Feb 17-19 and Mar 23-25, it's not far from Raleigh. Plenty of Mustangs there including the second place national championship AI car, and plenty of people to talk to about 'em! http://www.nasaracing.net/?page_id=13

I'll second that suggestion. If I recall its around an hour and easy to find. Not sure if Mid-Atlantic charges a spectator fee for this event, probably not. I would suggest going, hanging out and talking to everyone. Maybe sit in an HPDE classroom or two. Go find the on the hill gang and talk with them. They can give you a different perspective

There is an event at CMP in two weeks. That's not too bad of a drive from Raleigh. Lots of Mustangs on the roster. Even more Corvettes.

I think the gate fee is $5.

There is an event at CMP in two weeks. That's not too bad of a drive from Raleigh. Lots of Mustangs on the roster. Even more Corvettes.

I think the gate fee is $5.

Not sure where in Raleigh he is, but CMP would be another option.