Totally different front suspension set up, is that allowed?

cool hand luke

A few more paychecks and my toy should be road/track ready. I'm hoping that by next spring I can have it ready to get to some HDPE events, and eventually into time trials. My hp/weight ratio throws me into ttu. I know I'm going to get my rear handed to me for quite a while, but now i came up on rule 6.2.3.1 and don't know if my entire front suspension swap is legal. The Fiat 850 started with some crazy wagon type transverse leaf set up like this.

n_a.jpg

But the previous owner who raced it in SCCA extensively ditched that for an aftermarket Abarth A-arm set up. Will this swap be allowed?

not knowing the car or being able to see your photos (they're blocked on my connection) the key question is in the rule you're quoting - "Every vehicle must retain its OEM frame rails (or unibody), strut towers, floorpan, and subframe." If it does, you're fine - go crazy, modify the crap out of it

Welcome to S,U,R would be my guess.

he said his hp/weight put him in TTU anyway, just making sure the mod is TTU legal

I though anything went in S,U,R more or less?

R yes, TTU & S not so much (though you can use STR allowances and run in TTU at 8.70:1). It is ALOT more open than the "points classes", but there are still some sacred cows.