Pro driver looking for T25 seat

Skeen

I'm interested in running the 25hr this year. Enduro experience at many events professional and amateur; any class/car considered. Please contact me with any opportunities (I'm not looking to rent a seat).

Thanks!

Mike Skeen

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

this is primarily an amateur race event..99% of the seats are sold to finance the efort. Chance are if you want to race this event, you will be buying a seat.

good luck,

I'm familiar with how this and other events work, but some teams can cover the cost of one of the seats in order to have a driver coach and anchor driver available. Hope to see you at the event.

Good concept for classes that really couldn't win the overall. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't see it in ES or ESR as I have financed this class for 5 years now and can't see giving up a free seat and making the others pay the difference in a very expensive class.

Good luck,

See you at the races.

RM

How much is winning worth?

A good pro coach isn't cheap, either, and there is value in that. Mike is a well known entity in the East, having come up through NASA SE30.

Good luck, Mike, and thanks for the help at Nationals. Wish were were running the 25 hour this year. We did the 9 hour at Road Atlanta two years ago, and it was a blast!

A good coach does not make a winning team in the 25. It is only a very SMALL part of the team. I am not criticizing his abilities but only being realistic. Said, Pobst, Dempsey, St. James, and Pickett didn't make their respective teams win.

It doesn't make economical sense to bear the price burden on three drivers for a chance at a commodity. Talent at this level does not pay the bills to operate.

Mike,

I hope you do make a connection, because I personally think this race is the best kept secret in road racing PERIOD. And it is exciting to race against professional guys like you as we don't have that chance anywhere else. Kind of a "pro / AM" kind of thing. I wish there were more pros racing as it makes us work harder! If you do connect, stop by and say hi!

Richard

• 1 month later...

I have been running this race for 5 years now. Having a driver coach like Mike has served my teams very well in the past. The amatuer drivers benefit from the coaching and set-up advice as well as inertpeting data. We all have day jobs to fund this so having a guy who does this at Mikes' level has proved worth the investment. Especially when divided by 4.

That said, one of the best parts of this event is the diversity of the field. My first year in an E30 was a blast. We ran problem free and finished 16th and got lapped over 100 times by the winning team! Point is there are many budgets and many ideas on how to be competitive at this event. No a coach won't win you a race like this but you sure can learn a lot about where you are at as a driver and how to get better. We are ALL always learning. If you have the confidence that is.

The more the merrier and the more pros we can get out even better!

Still my favorite event, can't wait for next month.

Rocky Elli

The BMW Store

Mike,

Good Luck! It was a pleasure driving on track with you at the 13hr. As a car owner/driver it is without doubt a tremendous advantage to having a Pro like Mike on your team. I even brought a spare car to the 13 hr in case a pro needed a ride. Mike if you ever get tired of driving the Caddy, you have a seat on our team. Btw great drive @ LS in W/C

Mike,

Good Luck! It was a pleasure driving on track with you at the 13hr. As a car owner/driver it is without doubt a tremendous advantage to having a Pro like Mike on your team. I even brought a spare car to the 13 hr in case a pro needed a ride. Mike if you ever get tired of driving the Caddy, you have a seat on our team. Btw great drive @ LS in W/C

Thanks! (But who are you? Don't see any identifiers on the post)