Looking for Vortech rebuild information

J_Roberts

So it looks like the Vortech V1 in my E36 M3 needs a rebuild as the shaft seals are definitely leaking. I am debating whether to DIY or send it off for a rebuild.

I found some DIY writeups from people who have done it and it does not look to be very hard. I have done things that are more difficult. The biggest deal is pressing the bearings off of the shafts which is not that big a deal really.

Since my time is limited I could also send it out to vortech but they are expensive, could be about $700+ or could also get the 'not rebuildable' story. There is also superchargerrebuilds.com (apparently in Waxahachie, Tx) but they have a spotty record. Reports from customers on several different forums are a mix of good service and big issues, including one or two pretty bad stories.

So I'm looking on some recommendations on someone who has rebuilt a V1 or V2 (pretty similar) or knows a very reputable Vortech rebuilder.

Thanks