Side Skirt - Aero points?

bossman429

Quick question - Throughout the car classification form, it clearly indicates NON-OEM in many places, which is very clear and concise.

Likewise, the first couple bullets of this group say Add, Replace or modify. Again this is very clear to me. I have a cobra front bumper on a GT car and to me i have no choice but to take the 3 points (even though it was only done for looks before i tracked the car).

However bullet # 9 of the Aero group only states Add or modify side skirts

Reason I ask, is prior to me ever tracking the car, I changed the side skirts of my mustang to saleen side skirts, strictly for aesthetics.

I've always taken 2 points for this since doing TT

As I dive into the winter, I'm looking to do more suspensions work but need to gain back some points. Is changing to a NON-OEM side skirt considered points even though the rule only states ADD or Modify?

If my Saleen Side skirts replace the OEM and mount in the OEM positions, do I need to take points for this?

sounds like you modified them by taking the OEM ones off and adding these other ones. Points!

Then the wording should be changed to "Non-OEM, Modified, or added side skirts" Emphasis on the NON-OEM and OR

I see arguements for both sides...does anyone else?, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to do a trade with.....

sounds like you modified them by taking the OEM ones off and adding these other ones. Points!

Then the wording should be changed to "Non-OEM, Modified, or added side skirts" Emphasis on the NON-OEM and OR

I see arguements for both sides...does anyone else?, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to do a trade with.....

I agree with kbrew - points!

They are not OEM - OEM means parts that would be on the car if you did NOT check any option boxes! Replacing the side skirts = you modified them.

There is wording like this in many other sections. Sometimes Non-oem is used other places it is not. If you want it changed, now would be a good time to send an email with specific concerns to the Time Trial director.