confusion on tire points

cool hand luke

I'm looking on page 11 of the rulebook, for tire HP/weight ratio modifications and am a bit confused.

If I'm running a less than 9.5" non dot approved tire, what is the adjustment for this?

The very first line says Non DOT approved is -.75

Then the next 2 lines brake it down by size, saying 10.5-9.6 is +.4, while <9.6 is +.8

So would this tire combo be a total of +.05? I guess I don't know why there is the first line of -.75 that is not factored into the size categories. Seems redundant and confusing.

It's separated out for a reason, so that non-dot narrow/wide/normal and dot approved narrow/wide/normal aren't the same correction factors but instead offers 6 different combinations. It is assumed you'll be running on a good, fresh Non-DOT slick which would be faster than a good, fresh DOT approved counterpart. It also assumes that the wider tire will be faster than the narrower tire and accounts for each of those accordingly.

a 9.5" or narrower slick (non-dot) would be -0.75 and +0.8 for a net of +0.05.

the Excel tool that was built makes doing these calculations easier, as well as illustrating some of the concepts just by clicking different combinations of the various correction factor boxes

so what it's saying is

Non DOT > 10.5 = -.75

Non DOT <10.5 and > 9.5 = -.35

Non DOT <9.5 = +.05

Looks like I'm hitting the ballast. I can't find an excel sheet newer than 2009, anyone know where it is?