No WIFI at the 25!

Calpantera

Hey guys I just learned that there is NO wifi in the pits at Thunderhill like it says in the sups, the ONLY location that has it is the Clubhouse. Apparently the provider could not deliver and Thunderhill had to drop the WIFI system. I also know that the only cell service you can get up there is Verizon and its spotty at best, and once we all try to use it it will get slammed.

I sure hope NASA comes up with a solution so we can get timing in the pits.

We have successfully tested the live timing and scoring system twice at Thunderhill this year, and both times it was flawless......I will follow up on your post ASAP.

Karen

Hey guys I just learned that there is NO wifi in the pits at Thunderhill like it says in the sups, the ONLY location that has it is the Clubhouse. Apparently the provider could not deliver and Thunderhill had to drop the WIFI system. I also know that the only cell service you can get up there is Verizon and its spotty at best, and once we all try to use it it will get slammed.

I sure hope NASA comes up with a solution so we can get timing in the pits.

NASA will have its own WIFI system setup for local Live Timing. It will cover hot pits area.

Thanks-

Roman

Oh thats great! I hope its better than last year, last year we had no reception in out hot pit. We were way up at the end in F, I think it was space 74. There was a big transformer right behind our hotpit and it might have been causing reception issues. We ended up having to send someone up to the tower every half hour to see how our cars were doing.

Testing this weekend at Thunderhill, I was actually able to get like 2 bars of 3G on my AT&T iPhone .

But, that wasn't good enough to load sites, it was very slow.