Recommendations for a H4 CRX muffler?

mcolangelo2005

Hi,

The off season is here (for me, at least) so I'm adding parts to my '89 ITA/H4 CRX. This winter my CRX is getting a completely new exhaust, including a DC Sports 4-2-1 header. Next in line is the muffler. What's a good muffler to use for a CRX race car? I don't have to worry about making sound at places like Laguna Seca so a bit on the loud side is acceptable. Still, I don't want anything that'll make me and those around me deaf!

So, what do you CRX hot-shoes use?

On my CRX and both of the EF Civics that I take care of, I run 2.5" exhaust pipe off of the header to just past where the extra structure is in the exhaust tunnel under the car, thus allowing the pipe to clear the bottom of the shifter, then go into a 2.5" in/out race muffler similar to this: http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/24215/10002/-1?parentProductId=

After the muffler I go immediately into a turndown and stop there. The turndown will be about 12" in front of the fuel tank.

Regards,

Sam