Speed News Magazine

n80

I just got Speed News Magazine in my email. The magazine is nicely done. The photography and articles are great. At first I was not sure about the 'reader' software but after a few minutes I really liked it. The embedded videos and links are great. This is another nice perk of NASA membership.

I'm curious about two things and I might have missed the obvious on both. First, is it downloadable? I know it can be viewed as a PDF, just not sure if you can download it. Second, is there not a link to it on the NASA home page?

I also did not see a mast head. I'd love to know who is doing the good work.

One nice feature that I liked is that when an article's headline is a link, you can click on it and it takes you to a clean web page with the text of the article. I find it easier to read in this format. And, if you use the Safari web browser you can then click on the "Reader" button and it will format that text in Apple's eReader format (similar to Kindle) and it is even easier to read.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest issue says that NASA is cancelling Grassroots Motorsports in order to focus solely on Speed News Magazine. I can understand that and Speed News seems to be a good magazine and will likely get even better.

However, it said that April would be the last issue of Grassroots we'd get. Seems to me we would get a full year of it from the time we paid our NASA membership. Anyway, no big deal. I like Speed News and I don't mind paying to subscribe to Grassroots anyway; its a great magazine.