Getting Started

JasonX

Hey there guys, I had a great time last year tracking my car in HPDE and wanted to know how to get started on track to joining the Time Trial events.

I tried reading the document on what class my car would be in, but I was a little confused, so maybe someone could help me get the ball rolling by answering a few questions, thanks!

- What TT class am I in?

My car is a 2010 Mitsubishi Evo X GSR manual, with aftermarket tune, exhaust (no catalytic converter), larger intercooler, cold air intake, larger upper and lower intercooler pipes, coilovers (with stiffer springs), swaybars.

The rest of the car is stock OEM

- What events do I need to participate in to be allowed to participate in TT?

- To get recognized for my TT records, do I need to participate in all TT events held by NASA across the country, or can I just compete in my own state?

Thanks again guys, cheers!

- Jason

Hi Jason,

Classing questions are best asked here.

Usually you just need to do x number of events in HPDE3 or HPDE4, then get a check ride with your nearest TT director. Do a regional TT weekend with no issues and you get the license which allows you to TT anywhere.

Records are usually logged regionally. The full ("hard card") license lets you TT in any region and at the Championships*

Hope it helps,

Jon

* = assuming you meet the minimum number of regional event days to qualify for the championships

Got it! So last summer I did one HPDE event (half with instructors, half without) per month for 6 months, so hopefully I am most of the way there.

Thanks for the info!