Outdated equipment

VIRoom

Hate to show my stupidity in my 1st post ... but never stopped me before

Last year when I went through Tech I was told it was my last year for my belts and window net ... and I suspect probably other items.

Looked through the Rules ... heavily scanned, I can't read it cover to cover like when I started ... went to the FIA link and still can't seem to find what should be an easy place to find out what is current equipment.

A little help please for the mentally challenged ... thanks

I really thought I scanned the CCR well enough ... maybe I'll blame that on my usual problems reading long docs on a laptop ... I'll go back and try again

Jim ... have been 'racing' with NASA going on my 4th season, used to have someone working with me that knew all that off the top of his head, but he has moved on so I'm kinda starting from scratch on these issues ... it's bitch being spoiled

Thanks guys

Click on the CCR link and open the big pdf. Then use the search feature at the top of the document to search keywords about what you're looking for.

• Members

belts: 5 years for FIA or 2 for SFI

left side net: 2 years SFI

right side net: no date

HANS: needs SFI or FIA sticker. If only SFI sticker, then 5 years.

Seat back brace for expired seats (10y I think?)

That is all I can think of.

Eric,

Window nets(Left Side) are 5 years from date stamp.

Seats need a brace at the end of 5 years from manufacture date.

-Scott B.

Jon ... thanks for the guidance, however that search function is not all that quick and took me WAY too long to verify what Eric and Scott told me. Since one wouldn't know what items are required to be replaced you would not know how many items to search for ... IMHO possibly a chart in an appendix to the CCR would help greatly ... referring back to the appropriate Section. The frustration level and time almost made me say screw it and then that would make Eric happy as he would have one less GTS car in his way at VIR

Eric,

Window nets(Left Side) are 5 years from date stamp.

Seats need a brace at the end of 5 years from manufacture date.

-Scott B.

Eric and Scott ... here the differences I found:

Belts: 2yrs for SFI and FIA has an expiration date (not yrs from manufacture)

Window net: 5 yrs from SFI

Seats replaced or back brace in either 5 or 10 yrs .

Partial quote on seats from CCR 15.6.22 Seat Back Support ... " ... Those seats that qualify for the aforementioned exception must conform to

the entire FIA 8855-1999 or 8862-2009 set of regulations, as applicable. This includes a

mandatory seat replacement, or use of a seat back brace, for any seat more than five (5)

years old (8899-1999) or more than ten (10) years old (8862-2009)."

Hans: I've already forgotten ... but 5 yrs for recertification ... geez

Thanks again guys,

Richard

No worries, I was just trying to help you navigate the document on your own because the link to the CCR is always the most current edition. In my humble opinion it's good for all participants to to not need to rely on anyone for this kind of easily findable information (especially when it could be incorrect or outdated or just lost in translation like the "telephone game" we played in elementary school.) Not that anyone would tell you wrong on purpose - except maybe Wonger if you're a competitor, hahaha - but basically if it doesn't come from a rulebook or the mouth/keyboard of an official, it's not necessarily correct.