2012 TT Tire Contingencies

Fixxxercask

Does anyone know if BFG plans on ever offering their contingency program to TT drivers? Their contingency is better than Hoosiers because 1st place always wins 2 tires. I see they already released the 2012 contingency, but I was just curious about ever offering it to TT.

Also, what about Goodyear? They have not released their 2012 contingency yet. They already have a TT contingency, but there has to be at least 7 drivers in class to be valid according to the 2011 rules. I would love to try out some different tires, but the Hoosier contingency has got me locked in.

Thanks

I don't have the money to buy a set of each tires and run them to see how I feel about them. I will only buy if I have a chance to win some. If I can't win any, then I can't afford to race. I would not even be able to compete in TT if it weren't for contingencies. I won enough tires last year to keep me afloat. Sorry I don't have a bunch of money. No contingency, no competition for me. Back to street tires or Toyos for HPDE.

I don't have the money to buy a set of each tires and run them to see how I feel about them. I will only buy if I have a chance to win some. If I can't win any, then I can't afford to race. I would not even be able to compete in TT if it weren't for contingencies. I won enough tires last year to keep me afloat. Sorry I don't have a bunch of money. No contingency, no competition for me. Back to street tires or Toyos for HPDE.

Same thing here... I think many of us are. If we had to plunk down $1300 every single weekend on tires most wouldn't be doing it.

Your boat is the same as most. You missed my point that Hoosier has paid you in tires to compete, but you publicly state you want to try something different. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of the contingency.