how to get started racing.

firebird42990

hello my name is william and i have no clue where to get started or even to get a provisional racing license. i would like to know how and where i could get started and also if there are certain races whether time trial, open course, or point competition where i could drive my 1988 ws6 firebird.

hello my name is william and i have no clue where to get started or even to get a provisional racing license. i would like to know how and where i could get started and also if there are certain races whether time trial, open course, or point competition where i could drive my 1988 ws6 firebird.

You're in the right place. Go to the NASA web site and research HPDE, select a few dates this year, read up, ask questions in the HDPE forum and progress onwards.

Find some NASA events near you, sign up for HPDE1, and go from there

There will be plenty of TTers and Racers to talk to, they're all friendly especially to newbies (everyone was a newbie at one point!), so they'll be able to give plenty of advice and guidance as you climb the HPDE ladder and get a better sense of where you want to end up.