2011 National Champion as a Coach

DavidH

Tyler Palmer, the 2011 NASA Champion is not only a talented driver but a great coach!

I have unfortunately not been able to get on the track, but I have been at the track as pit crew for my 10 year old son who is now karting. On Sunday, Tyler came out and coached my son. This was only his 3rd day on the track and started off the day running 1:03's. By the time that Tyler was done with him that day, he got a :53.07. Not only was that significant, but that would put him in the front of his class when he starts racing. Right now we are working on the basic's and with Tylers help, it looks like he will do well. Now if only we can keep my son on the track a bit more (hit a barracade cracking his wheel and bending the axle ).

Tyler also was incredibly helpful training the pit crew (me), in kart set up and maintenance. His little 2 stroke motor is a bit different than our 944's and I was not able to find the swaybar to make adjustments

• 4 months later...

Thanks to Tyler, my son came home with not 1 but 2 trophies on his first race ever! My son is not able to put nearly as much seat time in as the other kids, but with great coaching his track time is quality time.

Almost as important, Tyler and his father Greg have been coaching me on pit duties such as set up and maintenance.

Thanks again Tyler