Where do racers buy Spec Z Parts at the best price?

laze1

I know Dealers who sell NISMO parts can sell this stuff...but where do real racers get some discount? Directly from Nissan Motorsports? (yes, you must register 1st)

I am ready to order the suspension kit ($3k) , and don't want to find out 3 days latter I wasted $300-$500 by not getting a racer discount

I know Dealers who sell NISMO parts can sell this stuff...but where do real racers get some discount? Directly from Nissan Motorsports? (yes, you must register 1st)

I am ready to order the suspension kit ($3k) , and don't want to find out 3 days latter I wasted $300-$500 by not getting a racer discount

LOL -- that's the same question I have.

Also, where do I get all my Nissan stickers

http://www.nasaproracing.com/contingency/nissan_spec_z_contingency_program/2012%20Racer%20Support%20V%202%20with%20VPP%20NASA%20Edition.pdf

I am calling Nissan Motorsports Monday...

LOL -- that's the same question I have.

Also, where do I get all my Nissan stickers

I am having a helluva time "finding a source to sell the kit" -- where did you go to get cost and the ready to order button for the suspension?

thanks!

click the link in my reply above, and read the entire document...

I am having a helluva time "finding a source to sell the kit" -- where did you go to get cost and the ready to order button for the suspension?

thanks!

click the link in my reply above, and read the entire document...

thanks!

duh.. thanks!

I am working with a well respected Nissan Dealer in the South East to stock and supply the required Spec Z NISMO parts to racers. I hope to have a plan announced in the next week or so....so hang on!!!

So don't purchase your parts yet...maybe we can do a "group buy"...working on that as well.

Also working on a wheel Group Buy...Enkei's...

please make it public once you are placing those orders.

Rafael

I am working with a well respected Nissan Dealer in the South East to stock and supply the required Spec Z NISMO parts to racers. I hope to have a plan announced in the next week or so....so hang on!!!

So don't purchase your parts yet...maybe we can do a "group buy"...working on that as well.

Also working on a wheel Group Buy...Enkei's...

I am considering taking my street Z into this race series. Step one may be to install the SpecZ suspension, since it needs some refreshing in that area now, anyway.

But the details, specs, pricing, sources are vague at this point. Any luck with more definition about where to buy and details? If there is a group buy - let me know in advance. Thanks. Jon

Alright Kids...Call Kelly Strandmark @ 478-781-8440 with Paul Walsh Nissan in Macon GA to get your Spec Z NISMO parts...and other OEM stuff.

I have ordered my parts and they should be in this week

BTW: The owner is a Racer, and a soon to be Spec Z racer in NASA-SE!!!

AND buy a couple of cars when you are there...

Tires can be purchased from Jackson Motorsports...as well as some regular NASA tires suppliers...and others. But these guys can also provide your BFG stickers/patches/Blig

Jackson Motorsports Group in partnership with BFGoodrich has a racer program that allows us to offer these tires at a discount to racers. Our price for the tires you’ll be running (MSPN 74887 – 275/35-18 – BFG R1) is $285.00 each plus tax and our shipping cost is only $10 per tire. We also offer Michelin and BFGoodrich race and Ultra High Performance tires at discounts to our racers. If you have any additional questions about pricing or availability, you can call us at 800-RACE-BFG.

Paul Hanna ([email protected]) is the BFGoodrich Pavement Manager who works specifically with those running R1’s in series’ like NASA and SCCA. Should you have any questions about setup recommendations for the tires you can contact him via email.

I am also working on a Group buy on Enkei wheels...more to come..

RPF1 18x9 +35

RPF1 18x10 +38

For Wheels I have two good suppliers that I have worked with:

PM "Racerbob4" here on Nasaforums.com

and/or contact

Contact Chinchi Chang @ Speed for Sale @ 770-777-4774 or [email protected] and get a quote from him...ask for a "John Evans NASA Spec Z Sparkle Pony Racer Discount"

And

Tire Rack has some Enkei wheels on sale right now...

BTW: Enkei is back ordered on a bunch of wheels/sizes...like some of the RPF1 sizes...like the 18x9 and low stock on the 18x10

• 2 weeks later...
Tires can be purchased from Jackson Motorsports...as well as some regular NASA tires suppliers...and others. But these guys can also provide your BFG stickers/patches/Blig

Jackson Motorsports Group in partnership with BFGoodrich has a racer program that allows us to offer these tires at a discount to racers. Our price for the tires you’ll be running (MSPN 74887 – 275/35-18 – BFG R1) is $285.00 each plus tax and our shipping cost is only $10 per tire. We also offer Michelin and BFGoodrich race and Ultra High Performance tires at discounts to our racers. If you have any additional questions about pricing or availability, you can call us at 800-RACE-BFG.

Paul Hanna ([email protected]) is the BFGoodrich Pavement Manager who works specifically with those running R1’s in series’ like NASA and SCCA. Should you have any questions about setup recommendations for the tires you can contact him via email.

I am also working on a Group buy on Enkei wheels...more to come..

RPF1 18x9 +35

RPF1 18x10 +38

So we are sure they are a-ok? They are .1# "off" from spec, and with wheel weights and the tolerance allowances, I agree they should be fine.

Scott...after reviewing the rules..specifically wheels weighs and spacer sizes, I can't tell you that these wheels are legal.

However, I have not found a proper wheel that is currently available/in stock that will work in front...that match the rears, in the proper offsets...and with the 13MM spacer limitation...So I am not sure when I will be racing...

So, nobody should buy these wheels since they are not legal per the currently published rules (wheel weights/spacer sizes) that appear that will not be changed

So we are sure they are a-ok? They are .1# "off" from spec, and with wheel weights and the tolerance allowances, I agree they should be fine.

Scott...after reviewing the rules..specifically wheels weighs and spacer sizes, I can't tell you that these wheels are legal.

However, I have not found a proper wheel that is currently available/in stock that will work in front...that match the rears, in the proper offsets...and with the 13MM spacer limitation...So I am not sure when I will be racing...

So, nobody should buy these wheels since they are not legal per the currently published rules (wheel weights/spacer sizes) that appear that will not be changed

Wow...not good!

Rpf1

18x9 17.10 lbs

18x10 18.45 lbs

Minimum weight by rules....18.50 lbs

Wow...not good!

Rpf1

18x9 17.10 lbs

18x10 18.45 lbs

That's a new chart, as I've been watching the posted RPF1 weights with vigor the past months. Add a metal valve stem, wheel weights, etc., and I'm hopeful the wheel will come in at 18.50+ pounds. I'm also waiting for some rules update, which is supposed to occur in the next few days. . .

PS: http://enkei.com/size_chart/RPF1.pdf

I have weighed and taken notes on the weight of the 18x10.5" wheel, and it is not 19#. Unless they redesigned their MAT process - which is entirely possible - these are marketing weights. I'll have some loose 9 and 10" RPF1s here shortly, and will update with actual weights.

I am not happy with the BFG R1 tires I tested on. It seems, however, that the tires I bought from Jackson Motor Group were the "old" compound, as they have a 3410 production code on them. If my understanding is correct, the compound changed in 2011, though the part number did not. A) I have 20 month old tires, and B) they are said old compound. Be sure to ask what you are buying when you buy! I've alerted JMG, and asked them to help out to make things right.

Wow...not good!

Rpf1

18x9 17.10 lbs

18x10 18.45 lbs

That's a new chart, as I've been watching the posted RPF1 weights with vigor the past months. Add a metal valve stem, wheel weights, etc., and I'm hopeful the wheel will come in at 18.50+ pounds. I'm also waiting for some rules update, which is supposed to occur in the next few days. . .

PS: http://enkei.com/size_chart/RPF1.pdf

I have weighed and taken notes on the weight of the 18x10.5" wheel, and it is not 19#. Unless they redesigned their MAT process - which is entirely possible - these are marketing weights. I'll have some loose 9 and 10" RPF1s here shortly, and will update with actual weights.

Sounds good. I need tires but was holding off for confirmation on these wheels so I may not race in may if this isn't cleared up. I don't want to buy tires for my 17's just to turn around and change everything...