Sept. 22-23 Watkins Glen High Performance Driving Event

JoeLee

If you have always wanted to experience the feeling of driving your street (or race) car on one of the finest road courses in the country, then NASA Northeast’s HPDE is for you.

What is HPDE? It is a High Performance Driving Event.

What does that mean to you? You get to drive — at speed, with no tickets — on the same track normally reserved for the likes of Jackie Stewart, Mario Andretti and Bobby Unser.

Never been on a track before? Set your own goals and go only as fast as you feel comfortable. We provide classroom and in-car instruction, helping you progress as far as you want. At HPDE we stress both fun and safety. Limited passing and top-notch course workers will keep us out of trouble.

What does it cost? One day is $205 (either day) and the two-day is discounted to only $355. Plus, if you sign up for both days, you get a $25 credit for our Lime Rock Park Event on November 10th.! Take advantage of this opportunity to satisfy your craving for speed.

What’s so great about Watkins Glen? Built in 1956, Watkins Glen International has hosted a wide variety of racing, including NASCAR, Formula One, Can-Am, Trans-Am and Indy cars. New York’s ‘Thunder Road’ and is widely known as one of the world’s greatest racetracks. We will be using the ‘full course’ configuration - 3.4 miles of turns, straightaways and elevation changes.

What do I need to enter? Long sleeve shirt, long pants, closed-toe shoes, a Snell 95- or 00-rated helmet (M or SA) and a car that will pass a basic safety inspection. Convertibles without fixed factory rollover protection will need a 4-point rollbar. That’s it!

This event is open to all skill levels — from novice to advanced — with different passing rules for each group.

OK, I’m convinced, how do I sign up? Go to http://www.nasanortheast.org and click the REGISTRATION link. Don’t wait, we are nearing capacity. Hope to see you there!

Hey Joe-

Thanks for a great event last weekend at the Pocono Speedway. I don't think we ever met, but I met Sonny (sp), Charlie, Harry, and most of the staff.

I am looking forward to trying out the Glen. Are the dates correct? This is a Mon/Tues event? If I am not mistaken Sept 22+23 are Mon/Tues.

Thanks,

Dan