Rims and tires

Palmettogasman

Hey guys I have a question about the tire and rim combo for the spec Z series. I'm new to racing so this may be a dumb question. The series calls for BFG 275/35 tires on maximum 10inch rears and 9 inch front rims. I read that the ideal rim width is 85% of tire tread width for optimal performance. (got this from some Internet site so it must be true). From my questionable math skills I calculated the following...

10 inch rim= 295 tire size

9.5 in=275

9.0in=255

8.5in=245

So, Can we use the smaller 255 up front or do 275's work on a 9.0 inch rim? I have 8.5 and 9.5 inch rims now that I could use as a rain set if I can use the 255's tires up front. I'm currently shopping for RPF1's if anyone knows a good source. The suspension kit arrived yesterday so hopefully I can solve the tire question and hit the track soon.

Hey guys I have a question about the tire and rim combo for the spec Z series. I'm new to racing so this may be a dumb question. The series calls for BFG 275/35 tires on maximum 10inch rears and 9 inch front rims. I read that the ideal rim width is 85% of tire tread width for optimal performance. (got this from some Internet site so it must be true). From my questionable math skills I calculated the following...

10 inch rim= 295 tire size

9.5 in=275

9.0in=255

8.5in=245

So, Can we use the smaller 255 up front or do 275's work on a 9.0 inch rim? I have 8.5 and 9.5 inch rims now that I could use as a rain set if I can use the 255's tires up front. I'm currently shopping for RPF1's if anyone knows a good source. The suspension kit arrived yesterday so hopefully I can solve the tire question and hit the track soon.

You can run wheels equal to or smaller than 9" front and 10" rear (i.e. 8.5" front and 9.5" rear, or 9" all around), but you can NOT run smaller than the spec 275 tires. Call or email bob for Enkeis.

Tires can be purchased here...as well as some regular NASA tires suppliers...and others. But these guys can also provide your BFG stickers/patches/Blig

Jackson Motorsports Group in partnership with BFGoodrich has a racer program that allows us to offer these tires at a discount to racers. Our price for the tires you’ll be running (MSPN 74887 – 275/35-18 – BFG R1) is $285.00 each plus tax and our shipping cost is only $10 per tire. We also offer Michelin and BFGoodrich race and Ultra High Performance tires at discounts to our racers. If you have any additional questions about pricing or availability, you can call us at 800-RACE-BFG.

Paul Hanna ([email protected]) is the BFGoodrich Pavement Manager who works specifically with those running R1’s in series’ like NASA and SCCA. Should you have any questions about setup recommendations for the tires you can contact him via email.

checking out the start up costs in this series. i did some searching today - can anyone point me to a set that comes in 18x9 and 18x10 other than group by? not finding any sets in those widths.

also whats estimated racer price for the spec suspension - pm if your not supposed to post it.

Check out Tire Rack for Enkei wheels..they have certain sizes on sale now...

checking out the start up costs in this series. i did some searching today - can anyone point me to a set that comes in 18x9 and 18x10 other than group by? not finding any sets in those widths.

also whats estimated racer price for the spec suspension - pm if your not supposed to post it.

We sell Enkei's

better prices than TR

And we are an authorized BFG dealer so we can provide wheel and tire packages also. We also heat cycle tires.

http://www.philstireservice.com/wheels/enkei-wheels/

Man I need tires bad! Problem is I don't want to buy 17's.

I can buy wheels but I was really hoping for a change in the rules.

I think 9.5 all around would be perfect!

It just seems like the way to go to me.

So what is the spec size wheel going to be? I have waited and waited and am now a week out and still no official ruling. Maybe one of the directors or national director can clarify if the wheel size rule is going to be changed or stay the same. I gotta pull the trigger by tomorrow.

Thanks

So what is the spec size wheel going to be? I have waited and waited and am now a week out and still no official ruling. Maybe one of the directors or national director can clarify if the wheel size rule is going to be changed or stay the same. I gotta pull the trigger by tomorrow.

Thanks

No announcement, and I'm told that it will stay 9/10. It's unlikely the 9/10 rule will change, though there was some buzz/hope that the weight would be reduced a touch.

• 1 month later...

The Enkei ship has arrived...18x9 ET35 RPF1s are now available again...and most other models...

Mine will be here this week

And yes...you must run 18x9F and 18x10R MAX wheels..or smaller

so it you want to run 18x9 all around, you can...

The Enkei ship has arrived...18x9 ET35 RPF1s are now available again...and most other models...

Mine will be here this week

And yes...you must run 18x9F and 18x10R MAX wheels..or smaller

so it you want to run 18x9 all around, you can...

Where did u get them from cause I cant get the 9's anywhere!!!

Enkei USA was out of stock until now ...so most retailers should have them now...but I get mine from Chinchi Chiang @ Speed for Sale ....770-777-4774 x102

Tell Chinchi John Evans/Laze1 refered you....