Want to get started but no idea where to start

GratefulDiver

Hi, name is Tracy (I'm a guy) lol and I'm interested in joing NASA but have no idea where to start. What class, what rules or steps I need to take to run my car do on a so forth. First off my car, it's a 72 GTO that has been heavily modified. SPC adjustable upper and lower arms, new springs with increased rate, large front and rear sway bars, Baer track 4 front brakes, rears to come soon, 17x9.5 wheels with 275/40/17 and 285/40/17 nitto tires, 04 GTO seats, th400, 461 CID full roller engine, 373 gears in the rear, and an a driver with 0 road course experience.

Is there a class for a car like that? Do I need a cage, drive shaft loop, and or 5 point harness that is current with its date on man. I'm about 30 min away from Gateway in STL and would do most of my stuff there. So is there a place for me a my Goat with NASA or am I better off sticking to country roads lol. Thanks for your time in advance

After looking over the main site everything is spelled out pretty well. What I didn't see was, but am assuming for safety reasons you have to attend the school before you can participate at an event. With the school and the event would be different two fee's? Finally what do instructors typically charge in NDPE group 1. Sorry for all the question

• Members

You are in luck. NASA has an event at Gateway in less than a month.

If you do not have one, get a helmet and sign up for HPDE 1.

Here is the link to registration: http://nasaproracing.com/event/1426

If you have any other questions, drop me an email with a contact number (staylorATdrivenasaDOTcom) and I will be happy to call you.

After looking over the main site everything is spelled out pretty well. What I didn't see was, but am assuming for safety reasons you have to attend the school before you can participate at an event. With the school and the event would be different two fee's? Finally what do instructors typically charge in NDPE group 1. Sorry for all the question

In HPDE1 an instructor is assigned to you, there is no additional charge.

An event is usually a weekend and I agree with MR Taylor, get yourself a helmet and sign up for the event at Gateway. Have fun and listen to your instructor.

Have patience and go thru the HPDE progression, while at the track talk with everyone you can. They will help you through the car setup for when you are ready for racing.