Integra Fuel Cell Question

hondarcb

I wanted to get some clarification on a fuel cell in a future H2 Integra. From what I read, braided stainless lines are allowed in the cabin, and mine will be running from the cell, under the car, up to the engine bay. As you can see I have a fuel cell bladder in a Fuel Safe steel case. Assuming I use a cap for the tank and not a remote fill, do I still need to build an additional metal structure around the tank? Thanks.

IMG_0170.jpg?t=1327625912

IMG_0140.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Assuming I use a cap for the tank and not a remote fill, do I still need to build an additional metal structure around the tank?

Yes.

I have a fuel cell in my Type R. I have a bulkhead that surrounds my tank and has an opening on top with a removeable lid to access the cap to put gas in my car. (no remote fill for me either) The hole is slightly bigger than the opening in the fuel cell to make it only slightly more difficult to change the bladder. I passed tech in AZ with braided steel pressure and return lines in my car between the bulkhead and the floor of my car. The way I read the CCR's (15.4 and 15.14) the vent line needs to have a solid bulkhead surrounding it but the pressure and return do not. When I was in Socal I was told that I would not pass tech there. They showed me an example of what they like and it was a complete bulkhead from the fuel cell to the tail lights. I am going to add a bukhead between the two braided lines for an additional layer of safety and to make sure there won't be any questions in other regions.