Need wheel advice from Spec Z racers.

n80

I need a set of track wheels. I just do DE right now. Trying to figure out which cheap wheels, which offset, which studs, which spacers and how much is just bewildering. Offset calculators do not take into account all the variables. Some of you may have tried to help me already. I must be dense.

Anyway, I’m giving up on cheap wheels and to keep things simple I think I’ll just go with a basic Spec Z set up with something like Enkei RPF1s. They are pricey but if I eventually go into Spec Z I’ll have the right wheels. If I quit track driving I should be able to sell them to you guys.

But I still need to know a few things, assuming 18x9s up front and 18x10s on back:

How big of a spacer do I need front and back?

What type of spacer (over the studs or bolt to hub)?

How long do the lug studs need to be?

Will I need a thin wall socket to get lug nuts on?

What brand of stud is best, ARP?

Can a backyard mechanic like me change wheel studs myself?

Finally, if I decided to go with a square setup with 18x9s on all four, what would I need to do different compared to above?

I appreciate any advice you can send my way.

Let me simplify and just ask what size spacers are you guys using on the front?

I believe I run a 10-15mm spacer up front with the 9s or 10s. There is some wiggle room. If I were you, I'd go 18x10x4 with 285/30s all around. If you get into SpecZ, you can either pick up four 18x9s so you have two sets of wheels OR sell the 10s and pick up some 9s. You don't NEED a spacer in the rear with the 10s, but I run one anyway (15mm IIRC).

ARP studs are great, or you could get the SpecZ studs from NISMO.