2013 Spec Z Builds?

boomn29

Wanted to get a list of prospective builds aiming for 2013.

I've talked to several people very interested in the series, especially with the enormous backing from Nissan & BFG. Spec Z has definitely generated some buzz and with all the interest, I figured let's get a thread together to talk about who's building, thinking about building, looking to buy or rent, etc for 2013.

Please list out your home region as well. Thanks.

Mid 2012 if I ever get my rims. The unshod BFG's look really lonely sitting in my garage...

Florida region

Mid 2012 if I ever get my rims. The unshod BFG's look really lonely sitting in my garage...

Florida region

Cool deal! I am working with a few other guys down here, hope to have some cars for you to play with

I have one car completely built and spec currently, and have competed in one race with it so far. I am 95% done with building a 2nd car, and plan to enter it for my second points race in two weeks. The first Spec car is currently for sale, and I plan to rent it out for HPDEs and/or SpecZ competition until it sells (unless I see some usefulness in continuing to rent it). Cheers.

I have one car completely built and spec currently, and have competed in one race with it so far. I am 95% done with building a 2nd car, and plan to enter it for my second points race in two weeks. The first Spec car is currently for sale, and I plan to rent it out for HPDEs and/or SpecZ competition until it sells (unless I see some usefulness in continuing to rent it). Cheers.

Where you located? Info would probably help you rent/sell it.

Where you located? Info would probably help you rent/sell it.

Thanks. It's in our SpecZ portion of this Pro Racing forum: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=56558

Wanted to get a list of prospective builds aiming for 2013.

I've talked to several people very interested in the series, especially with the enormous backing from Nissan & BFG. Spec Z has definitely generated some buzz and with all the interest, I figured let's get a thread together to talk about who's building, thinking about building, looking to buy or rent, etc for 2013.

Please list out your home region as well. Thanks.

got my car. building very slow -- 2013 for me.

• Members

Have to build my shop first, then I can build some cars. I am aiming for 2013, maybe the last race of 2012. I will also have one or more spec Z's to rent by the end of 2013. Very excited for this class! I will be competing in Norcal and maybe some Socal events.

I'm curious to know if there are folks planning on racing without doing a complete build. It is my understanding of the rules that you can race one in stock condition as long as all safety equipment is in place. I understand that to eventaully be competetive you'll need the works (suspension, LSD, etc etc) but while the class is getting started and races might only have a few entries it seems you could still get contingency money coming in last in a three car race.

The short answer is yes...if you have a bone-stock 350z with all required safety gear and the required BFG tires....you can race in spec z and score points and contingency $$$$

I'm curious to know if there are folks planning on racing without doing a complete build. It is my understanding of the rules that you can race one in stock condition as long as all safety equipment is in place. I understand that to eventaully be competetive you'll need the works (suspension, LSD, etc etc) but while the class is getting started and races might only have a few entries it seems you could still get contingency money coming in last in a three car race.

Absolutely. Get out there and get your feet wet. I'd leave that POS diff as the last thing you changed.

The short answer is yes...if you have a bone-stock 350z with all required safety gear and the required BFG tires....you can race in spec z and score points and contingency $$$$

Yes! (Assuming others show up). Hey, at least I'm "guaranteed" some money in June? Not sure about this weekend's race, but AFAIK, I'll be the only one (still learning RACING, the suspension, tires, set-up, etc. anyway, so the practice is welcome).

Absolutely. Get out there and get your feet wet. I'd leave that POS diff as the last thing you changed.

Yes! (Assuming others show up). Hey, at least I'm "guaranteed" some money in June? Not sure about this weekend's race, but AFAIK, I'll be the only one (still learning RACING, the suspension, tires, set-up, etc. anyway, so the practice is welcome).

Where are you racing this weekend?

Where are you racing this weekend?

We were at Thunderhill. Great to meet you there, Brian (Lock)! I'm hoping we are 2 or 3 cars for next month at Sears Point / Infineon Raceway!

I had good talks with 3 or so potential Z builders this weekend at HMS. Unfortunately, one of them wrecked their Z in progress build yesterday so I am sure that will set him back some.

I thought you said the diff wasn't that bad or has it gotten worse?

I thought you said the diff wasn't that bad or has it gotten worse?

I gave feedback after one track day where I started to dial in the suspension. At the first race event, it totally began to 1-leg. I have an "improved" unit now, which feels marginally better, but only has 4 sessions on it. We'll see what the fluid is like shortly.