If I join and race what is needed

OMGVance

Hey guys,

I would check the site but it's hard on my phone. I'm interested in doing some NASA track days at VIR and wanted to know what class my car would be in and what I need to race.

2008 Mazda Speed3

Front mount

3" catless downpipe

3" exhaust

Cobb Ap tuned @22lbs

Cobb Sri

BC Coilovers

JBR front sway bar

AT FP internals

TMW Shift kit

Full interior

Street tires

Thanks for any information guys and sorry for typos I am on my phone

-Vance

First of all you need to get to a computer and download and read the ccr.

Then you need to figure out Time Trials or wheel to wheel?

Then you need to tell us what licensing you already have?

SCCA you'll need at least a NASA medical and a copy of your SCCA license for a provisional license.

There are other documents you'll need depending on what region and class your car winds up in.

Trackdays aren't racing, but still lots of fun. Depending on your prior experience you'd fit in one of the HPDE levels with people of similar backgrounds & experience level. For that you just need a safe reliable car and a helmet. Car classing doesn't matter in HPDE as it's not a competition event.

Your mod list mentions noting about roll cage, upgraded race seat, harnesses, etc which you would need to race it wheel-to-wheel, along with completing all of the HPDE levels or equivalents plus a race school to square away you as a driver.

Time Trials slots in between the two experience-wise & licensing-wise but has the same minimum safety requirements as HPDE. It would be a good idea to consider upgrades at that point though. The classing isn't too hard to figure out either, add up the points for all of your mods plus where your car starts out and see how many classes you're bumped up (if any), check and make sure the adjusted hp/weight falls in the right range for that class, and go have fun. You would need to complete all of the HPDE levels (or equivalent experience with other orgs) first however.