Comp License Renewal

PushinTheLimit

My membership expires 6/28/2012 and I was getting ready to renew it. I also have a 2011 comp license with a medical expiration of 6/17/2015.

When I renew my membership, does that renew my comp license as well? My last race was December of 2011 but I won't be racing any this year as I'm still rebuilding my car. I just didn't want my comp license to expire and have to re-do comp school again. Do I even need to renew it since I know I won't be racing in 2012 and just wait till 2013 to renew? What is the procedure on this?

Edited by Guest

Race license is for that year, so if you renew the license on December 31st 2012 it's only good for a day. That I know for sure. You can renew each piece separately (membership, race license, etc). When you re-up your memebership that doesn't include any of the licenses as they expire at different times first off, but are also different fees too.

I would think with a short (1-2yr lapse, many years or a decade might be different) that you wouldn't need to redo comp school or anything, so no sense in renewing the full race license if you aren't racing from what I've seen with people taking a year or two off here & there, or for someone who steps over to TT for a season while changing race car builds or whatnot (TT license at $10 instead of the $$$ race license)

Dave Ho (licensing dude) at the National Office would be the expert to talk to if you needed a concrete perfect answer

• 4 weeks later...

So my medical expires 9/1/12 on my comp license that expires 12/31/12. To what number do I fax my new medical form, and then what?

Edit: the medical form says a baseline EKG "should" be performed at my age range. Should is not the same word as must, so does that imply that it's optional?