NSX re-classifaction

captahole

Greetings all.

I see that NASA has the 1991 NSX with the 3.0L classified as TTC** and also the 1997+ NSX with the 3.2L also as a TTC**.

The question I have is, why are they both classified the same with the same 14pt addition? As someone that races a 1991 I can tell you the car in its day was great but it is a 20 year old car now and 14 its addition is a little e=much in my opinion. I feel cars that old should be maybe be a 7 pt addition at most. The new cars today that are TTC are more advanced and have better aero that my 1991 design.

What is the process to get NASA to reclassify the car?

Regards,

Erik

best bet is to

1.) read up a little more in the TT section to get a better idea of all the factors considered in car classing (it's not just aero, or hp/weight, or..)

2.) if you still feel it's off, submit an official request to Greg (Natl TT Director) via email - address is listed in the ruleset. Facts and figures from outside reliable sources can help.

You should also factor in that the newer model NSX starts off 106lbs heavier, and also understand that by-and-large two-asterix cars are usually intended to compete in the next higher class, but are listed one "notch" lower to give them a "running head start" at the class above them due to not quite being considered "as good" as the no-star cars in the next class (ie TTC** base cars not quite as good as TTB no-star base cars)

It could very well be that the car is off a little though, personally I've only just started to see a couple of these cars starting to compete in NASA-TT so it could just be that the data on the car or its potential within the ruleset hasn't been put on the table for the rules-writers to dial in on exactly where the car needs to be. Or it could be spot on, or an overdog. Tough to tell right now imho as again, not a ton of data out there on the car while competing within this ruleset just yet.

Hope that helps some!