New Driver Looking To Get Started

screaminscot

Greetings all,

Last weekend I attended a "Ferrari Driving Experience" my cool wife got me for my birthday. I enjoyed it greatly but, I really have always wanted to do wheel to wheel racing and this only set the hook in deeper. JB, one of the instructors spoke to me and my wife for a while and he suggested I look at the spec 944 and Miata series to learn how to properly drive a race car. My wife seeing how much joy I got from the experience said that I need to get a car so I can start racing and you should always do what your wife tells you. (Except for stopping to ask for directions when you are taking the family on the scenic route ) I think she also likes the idea of me getting the red mist out of my system on the track rather than putting a race suspension under my street car so I can be a clover-leaf hero. She likes putting her make up on in the car and doesn't like to feel every bump in the road.

After doing some research it looks like the 944 series would be a good fit for me. Ido have some questions though:

- How should I get started?

- Who should I talk to?

- I am in the North Virginia Wash D.C. area.Where can I get plugged in at?

- What is a good resource for finding the necessary equipment?

I hope I am asking the right questions.Thanks for your feedback and sharing your expertise.

-Scott

Greetings all,

Last weekend I attended a "Ferrari Driving Experience" my cool wife got me for my birthday. I enjoyed it greatly but, I really have always wanted to do wheel to wheel racing and this only set the hook in deeper. JB, one of the instructors spoke to me and my wife for a while and he suggested I look at the spec 944 and Miata series to learn how to properly drive a race car. My wife seeing how much joy I got from the experience said that I need to get a car so I can start racing and you should always do what your wife tells you. (Except for stopping to ask for directions when you are taking the family on the scenic route ) I think she also likes the idea of me getting the red mist out of my system on the track rather than putting a race suspension under my street car so I can be a clover-leaf hero. She likes putting her make up on in the car and doesn't like to feel every bump in the road.

After doing some research it looks like the 944 series would be a good fit for me. Ido have some questions though:

- How should I get started?

- Who should I talk to?

- I am in the North Virginia Wash D.C. area.Where can I get plugged in at?

- What is a good resource for finding the necessary equipment?

I hope I am asking the right questions.Thanks for your feedback and sharing your expertise.

-Scott

Start with contacting your local NASA region. They can get you in touch with some of the series leaders.

NASA MidAtlantic

Chris Cobetto

804-883-7669 Phone

[email protected]

http://www.nasaracing.net