LS6 Powered (V8) Mazda Miata (XP Autocross and Track Beast)

fourwhls

I can't believe I'm even considering this, but given my current situation (needing money for new house) the Miata is up for sale. Soon to be followed by the truck and trailer.

I have done my best to describe the Miata as thoroughly as possible, but I'm sure I've missed some things here and there. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

The car has never been in an accident. I did have a wheel break once (Gotta love Keizers), but the damage was purely cosmetic (Fender and Flare). I purchased the car 8 years ago and when purchased it was in absolutely perfect condition and had 116k miles on it. It has since gone through a number of transitions, including the final transition to a LS6 power plant.

The car does have some dings and scratches here and there, but overall it is in pretty good cosmetic condition. Hopefully the picture show that, and I'm sure anybody who has seen the car in person will vouch for it. The car does not have rust anywhere. It is very solid and has been garage kept since original purchased (Me and previous owner)

Price: $27,500 OBO

Chassis:

Original Sunburst Yellow 1992 Mazda Miata (1 of 14xx)

Clean VA Title (and yes, it could be street legal depending on the state)

Hardtop

Tuckin 99 replica Fender Flares

APR rear wing

Custom front splitter

V8 Roadsters tubular front subframe and frame rails

Weight: Right around 2265lbs (I've changed a few things since the last time it was on the scales, but should be pretty close and likely a few pounds lighter)

Wheels / Tires:

Custom 16x11 Real Racing 3-piece aluminum wheels

23.5x11-16 Hoosier R75 Radial Slicks

I also have another set of 15x9s with 23.5x10-15 American Racer slicks that are negotiable.

Suspension:

Ground Control coilovers with Koni Race Spec shocks

Flyin Miata rear pillowball mounts

Custom front swaybar mounts to accommodate E36 BMW swaybars. (Currently have a 25.5mm 325is bar installed)

Stock miata rear swaybar (Nothing currently installed)

Fresh polyurethane control arm bushings

Interior:

Miatacage Roll Cage painted with POR15

Custom designed and built dash with Autometer Guages

6 switch fused electrical panel with push button start

Autometer shift light

17in Ultrashield Rally Sport seats (easily accommodates larger drivers)

Willans 6pt Cam Lock Harnesses

Momo Mod 78 Steering Wheel

NRG Quick Release

Engine:

2004 LS6 (Originally out of a 2004 Z06 Corvette)

Fresh rebuild with less than 100mi.

Balanced and Blue Printed

ASA Cam

Ported 243 heads

LS6 Intake

Custom 6qt oil pan

3 qt accusump with EPC valve

Very conservatively tuned at 390HP/380TQ (12.0 AFRs, and 2 deg of timing pulled up top) I'm sure it's very capable of low to mid 400s, but I wanted something extremely safe and reliable.

Clutch / Flywheel:

Spec Stage 3 Clutch

Findanza Aluminum Flywheel

Brand new GM Slave Cylinder with extra long remote bleed line

Transmission:

Built T56 (6spd out of a F-Body Camaro)

Less than 100mi on complete Stage 2 rebuild by Texas Drivetrain Performance

Rear End:

Mazda RX7 Turbo II Carrier and Clutch pack LSD

Mazda 929 Ring and Pinion (3.73)

This is a 8in R&P and is more than capable of handling the power.

Brakes:

Wilwood 4 piston big brake package (V8Roadsters)

11.75 2-piece rotors on all 4 corners (Very economical consumables)

Wilwood master cylinder

Wilwood proportioning valve (located in stock e-brake location)

Ball valve for locking rear brakes

Performance and Videos:

This car is the fastest car I have ever driven, and being an AX and track instructor I have driven a lot of cars. Consistently sets local autocross FFTD.

Very capable on the big track, even at high speeds. Unfortunately I have only gotten a couple sessions on track before the 1st motor let go. With the original less powerful LS1 and little to no set up time, I ran 2:06s on VIR Full with a top speed on the back stretch of 158MPH. It is definitely capable of sub 2min laps with a good driver.

(Unfortunately only track video)

More Pictures Here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112889276512394277351/albums/5780570845639941169

PICT5505.JPG

PICT5504.JPG

PICT5501.JPG

PICT5500.JPG

PICT5499.JPG

PICT5446.JPG

PICT5482.JPG

PICT5448.JPG

PICT5418.JPG

PICT5483.JPG

really cool car.

the link to additional pics google plus is not working for me though

what is the big pulley in the engine bay ? extra oil pump or something ?

Phil

anybody has links to v8 miata sold the past year or so, I wonder what are those things usually selling for.

You can find them on LS1tech and v8miata. To be fair to the seller, prices on these things are all over because rarely are they similar. Low I've seen is ~12K and it was a street car with essentially no other mod's done. In general they come with a laundry list of "I should do but have lost interester and 'you can easily do." I've also seen some listed at 25K that do not have this level of prep by any means. In short, the price is a good starting point. Good luck with the sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

I am the owner of this car. It's up for sale. Only thing that has changed is it's a brighter yellow with a blue hardtop. Asking 25,000.00 To get ahold of me call or tex: 239-940-4340. Mark