Forms for Nephew to attend event and policy for wife to ride

Trakmnky

I'd like to start running events again and will be applying for a race lincense soon. Until then can my wife ride along in group 4 HPDE? It doesn't look like it's allowed in TT anymore like it was when I used to run TT. If she can in TT I'd rather just run TT.

Also my nephew who's 17 would really like to attend as well and help with the car. What do I need to do to allow him to attend the event (non-driver)? Is there anyway I can take him out on the track as a passenger?

From an experience standpoint I've been doing track events since 2005, have a competition license with SCCA, race with them in SPO and spec miata and also race with midwestern council. I was in the first NASA instructors group and instructed for a while, I also instruct for SCCA so I'm not new to this game. My main concern is I want to make sure I have all my paperwork in order before attending the event and didn't see much posted on this on the site.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest question to answer is for your nephew. Find the minor waiver on the website (or ask your local region registar to send you a few copies), have his parents sign and notorize a few copies and notes stating you have their permission for him to attend. You'll need these for registration at the event.

My step-son went with me to lots of events and I had to sign a bunch of those waivers.

For your wife, I think the new rule is everyone that rides or drives a car must be a NASA member - check your region though. Also in the SE region they can only ride with an instructor.

Good luck and have FUN!

Thanks for the information!! I also received this reply which I thought I'd post to help others out in the Midwest/Great Lakes region

Passengers are permitted in HPDE 4 and Time Trails with group leader permissions. All passengers must be 18 or older. However, with parental oversight at the track and a minor waiver, we can permit minors to drive, just not passenger.

Thanks to all!