Group C - the Spec Z group oh and CMC and FFR.

wastntim

The coverage of group C was not well done. I guess since NASA was introducing the new spec Nissan Z class, the rest of the groups i.e. CMC and FFR didn't matter. For the first twenty minutes of the race, the only way you would know that there were any other classes other than spec z was to see them in the background while they were covering spec z. All this coverage and how many cars in that group? 5

CMC had double that amount of cars and probably got 10% of the total coverage. One of the best things to see at the track is a standing CMC start. 10 cars in a drag all towards the first corner and what did we see of that? nothing. Literrally, no mention of CMC or FFR until near mid-race.

I can understand NASA wanting to give some pop to its new series but this is the championships. We have racers coming from all over the country. It would be nice if the coverage could give more attention to ALL of the groups and not just its newest group, especially when the group consists of 5 total cars.

had to leave the computer to attend a funeral/memorial service but yes, I did hear about Tony getting out there. Almost on the podium but not quite

had to leave the computer to attend a funeral/memorial service but yes, I did hear about Tony getting out there. Almost on the podium but not quite

yup, he was there:

Talking to some of the other PTF drivers here after it was over:

2012NASAChampionship098.jpg

2012NASAChampionship094.jpg

Big Sponsership by Nissan leads to excessive coverage....

I don't see anything wrong with that

put them in their own group so the rest can get their due...

And the 350Z's punted cars at least 2 cars in other classes but no DQ's. I guess Nisan sponsorship gets you immunity from dq's also.

I agree, I thought there was no CMC race. I figured they had a seperate channel that I was missing. Maybe next year they will get the track all to themselves with a seperate run group.

It was so apparent it was painful. They should have had a scroll running across the bottem of the screen

"Nissan gave us a boat load of cash, so if you want to see FFR or CMC get in your car and drive to the track."

And the 350Z's punted cars at least 2 cars in other classes but no DQ's. I guess Nisan sponsorship gets you immunity from dq's also.

I agree that our Spec Z group had way too much coverage on Speedcast... The CMC guys really got the short end of the stick there; I was looking forward to seeing the replay of that standing start also.

With regard to the punting, let's not speculate on how the decisions were made to DQ or not; there are two sides to every story. I witnessed quite a bit of other "stuff" going on in the two other classes which could have resulted in DQ's but didn't. Let's not bash other racers or series on this forum.

It was so apparent it was painful. They should have had a scroll running across the bottem of the screen

"Nissan gave us a boat load of cash, so if you want to see FFR or CMC get in your car and drive to the track."

Where's the like button? Lol