Noob question: which brake pads?

NoTheOtherSparky

Searched and didn't really find anything definitive.

What pads are the SN 95/Cobra brake guys running? My Porterfields were about half et up after last weekend at ECR, in HPDE.

Would like something that lasts a little longer. Then again, I probably brake too much

i have been very happy with cobalt friction. previously i used and got great wear from performance friction's 06 endurance compound.

everybody has their preferences though. try some different brands to find the service, technical and price that you like best. for me, i can call cobalt and tell them what track i am going to and they will recommend a compound. i like the service.

I have a 98 cobra and Jay Andrews recommended running DTC60 front and rear. I had one trackday with this combo and it worked great! I was afraid that there would be too much rear brake but it actually worked out nicely. +1 on contacting Andrew Racing!

pfc 01 compound is great. i used the 06 compound only for longer live. i believe its based on the same 01 compound. its a few dollars more and lasts longer.

i dont like to change pads