Tires for CMC/AI preparation????????

t500hps

I'm in HPDE3 having used my SRT8 to get this far on street tires, then Continentals. I recently bought a CMC mustang that came with 2 sets of worn 275/40/17 RA1's. As luck would have it (I actually already knew it) the 18in wheels I bought to run slicks on my charger are actually mustang wheels that fit this car. Just before I bought the mustang I had made a deal on a bunch of 275/35/18 Hoosier R6's for the SRT8.

My question is: I'm getting used to this car and when ready, take comp school. I have a bunch of R6's that are a "stickier" tire than the RA1's but is it a big difference? I'd like to run these tires while I learn the car but don't want to get used to something and then find myself sliding off the track on RA1's.

Agreed. If it has rubber run it. If the Hoosiers are old, or more than 4-5 sessions on them, the Toyo's won't be much different. The Toyos will be more consistant for more sessions. The Hoosier will be faster the first 3-4 sessions, about the same is sessions 5-6, then slower than the toyo after 7 or so sessions. During comp school, don't worry about it. Get the car so you do not have to worry about the car. Run the comp school and have a crew member take care of the car so you can focus on "driving". Welcome aboard to W2W!