Need some help finding a class/series

Gridmark7

I have a 1967 Mercury Cougar and want to get it on the track when its ready does NASA have a class/series where my car is eligeble if so what do i need to do to get myself and my car ready. All help is appreciated, thanks.

Do you just want to get it on track (HPDE), or do you want to compete (TT), or do you want to race wheel to wheel?

The first has no classes and are untimed.

The secound only has a couple of prep catgories, with a number of sub classes (to seperate slow cars from fast ones).

For road racing you could go in ST or PT (similar to the TT categories), CMC, AI, or AIX depending on the power to weight ratio and modifications to the car.

Download the rules and start reading.

preferably wheel to wheel the cars curently... well a piece of crap i pulled it out of a ditch in utah its had like 8 owners and its got rust issues i just dont know what class to build it for i plan on doing a 650 hp 427 cobra jet with a 5 speed after i take care of the structure issues

AI or AIX is probably your best bet if that's the style of car you *really* want to do.

Visit an event, see what's popular in your area, see what group seems to have the most fun, and go from there. Might be cool to have a 650hp classic street car and something completely different to race too yaknow