situation tt racing long time out

mikeracing

back in late 05 i did a few hpde and high speed auto crosses, i know i have been out of it a long time just didnt have the money or cars to race. so now that i am back i got out too one of the midwestern sports car council's high speed autocross and i got hooked again too high speed open track with TIMING and competition. so i am interested in running in the time trial racing but its been a while and dont want to speed thousands of dollars going through all the hpde classes and all that stuff again.

well any help i can get would be greatly appreciated

Your best bet is to contact the regional director and/or TT director for your nearest NASA region. They will want to see your experience in as much detail as possible, then place you appropriately... possibly set up some check rides, etc.

NASA in general is pretty good about putting people in places appropriate for their driving skill, vs "oh you must have X events period point blank" type requirements. Talk to your local people, they'll have the best idea of where you'd fit... at the very worst I'd suspect you might be put in a DE group for a session for a quick checkout type ride-along and then upgraded once you show them you're not rusty And maybe you've got enough prior experience to bypass even that small step. It's up to them though.

A little rusty but not too bad but all my experience was at watkins glen and auto crossing at a gokart road course near my old house and just made the move to chicago and just trying to find places to race since before i had a porsche 944 to play with so it was always pca or bmw club events. For your viewing pleasure a bit rusty and with extreme contact dw tires that had zero grip and a completely new track

Cool. I stayed in one of those condos on the left (about a minute into your video) a few times, pretty nice setup with garages underneath.

Worth mentioning, NASA TT isn't that autocross format... it's groups of cars gridded by time, transponders running, open passing, fastest lap of the day counts.

Anyway, contact Dave Royce with your driving experience in as much detail as possible... http://www.nasamidwest.com/pressroom/?page=Contact