HC Noob H4 Build

BMWgunfighter

Hey guys, new here; not new to the automotive racing world or tinkering with cars but this will be the first time I've ever built a track car and I am pretty excited ... I think, (lol). I've owned quite a few Honda's before this and really wanted another one. Decided to start off with H4 and then move up if desired. Was having a hard time deciding what platform I wanted to start with and decided on an EG8 chassis; went and picked one up this last Saturday and brought it home to see what kind of a mess I went and got myself into.

Here it is in all of its maroon (Torino Red?) glory:

394983_382369271847331_674447401_n.jpg

And the beginning of the madness:

189896_382692678481657_421774778_n.jpg

As of right now the entire interior is stripped sans driver seat and dash/steering wheel. Next in line is getting it to a buddies house for the cage to be put in, while it is there the acquiring of parts should start. I'll be interested to see what I can push out of this B7 and the 2175 weight goal together.

I'll 'search' as often as possible but be warned, I will be picking brains as I go. This also won't be a rush build but updates should come every so often. Here goes nothing ... !

I'm almost positive that this means exactly as it reads but just to clarify:

a.)

2. Any rear deck spoiler/wing that attaches to bodywork is allowed. Rear spoiler may not protrude

beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed perpendicular to the ground above the

part.

So the wing can only attach to the trunk lid/roof and not have the spoiler mounts extend down through the trunk lid and attach to the inside of the trunk/frame? These are unibody ...

Looks like this thread is going to be a one man band!

Alright ... how about ...

What is one thing that you have done to your car safety or performance wise that you feel made a huge difference but others might overlook?

I'm almost positive that this means exactly as it reads but just to clarify:

a.)

2. Any rear deck spoiler/wing that attaches to bodywork is allowed. Rear spoiler may not protrude

beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed perpendicular to the ground above the

part.

So the wing can only attach to the trunk lid/roof and not have the spoiler mounts extend down through the trunk lid and attach to the inside of the trunk/frame? These are unibody ...

I don't see how there would be anything to gain by extending the mounts through the trunk lid and really doubt it would be needed. Also, do not skimp on the cage. Pay the money for a really good one not just the bare minimum of what is required.

Most of the guys in Japan run their mounts through to the frame/inside the trunk. I think that the logic behind it is that instead of creating downforce on the trunk lid first, (which flexes, I imagine even more so with composite trunk lids), and the actual car itself second you skip the trunk lid and gain that downforce directly on the car.

Thinking about it this might not help a significant amount at low speeds but should considerably at higher speeds as the faster you travel the more that the downforce is going to make that trunk flex ... unless you somehow reinforce the trunk lid ... which would be illegal in running HC.

Small update, have a few things on the way:

Master kill switch

Tow, 'E' and kill switch decals

D15B7 gasket and seal rebuild kit

G-Force window net and mounting hardware kit

Antenna block-off plate kit

Figure I should get the stuff that's the least fun but the most important out of the way first. Slow and safe > fast and dead until I can work up to fast and safe at least ...