American Iron West (outlaw) schedule and news for 2013

47car

First of all let me congratulate Ryan Walton for clinching another championship in American Iron West. As always, he kicked some ass (mine usually) and put on a great show doing it. Keep an eye out for the latest Outlaw video where you will see some awesome footage of him barely missing a stalled Porsche engulfed in Buttonwillow dust. Really cool. We are prepping your trophy now Mr. Walton.

The 2013 season is posted below and going to be a very, very interesting season for American Iron on the west coast. Laguna Seca is now of our schedule at the high sound limit no less. How awesome is that going to be?? Also, Darrell Andersen and I have been talking for a while and his AV8SS crew will be joining us for the races below as noted..

Mar 16/17 - Sonoma Raceway (AV8SS joining)

May 4/5 - Willow Springs (AV8SS joining)

June 1/2 - Buttonwillow

July 6/7 - Laguna Seca

Oct 12/13 – Buttonwillow (AV8SS joining)

Nov 9/10 - Sonoma Raceway (AV8SS joining)

These four races should have in excess of 20 cars in the AIX field which is going to be AMAZING! Sure, there is going to be some differences in the power to weight ratios of the two groups but all in all, I believe this will result in some good times in 2013 and possibly a rebirth of great pony car racing in California for 2014. The AV8SS group has many cars in the American Iron HP range and I understand that only a 3rd or so are actually at their 6:1 HP ratio. This means that plenty of their guys will be running at American Iron (Outlaw) lap times so there will be some nice dicing to be had by all.

Some other news in American Iron West. Adam has stepped out of the American Iron director position and Nasa has installed me in his place. Adam, you did a great job last year and we thank you for that. Moving forward, if anybody has any west coast AI or AIX questions, you can send them my way to [email protected].

Another bit of news, we have gone back to the older style of one California championship. There will no longer be seperate Norcal and Socal Championships. We figure that in this financial climate, less is more and we are after quality rather than quantity. This should result in better car counts and more action for the racers.

I urge everyone interested to be at our first event in Sonoma. It is going to be awesome and there will be a lot of discussion about the rest of the season that you wont want to miss. I have included some of you that have retired recently to keep you in the loop and also to pass on this info to your buddies (Steve!) that might be interested.

Regards,

Corey Weber

AI West Director

Excellent news and we've got to spread the word on that Laguna Seca holiday weekend! Lots of people have wanted to race there and this is our opportunity!

California Summer Shootout??? Mini Bullet Trophy for the winner!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt be surprised if something could be arranged. who knows, maybe my 94 might be available. I will know more after our March race if you are still interested.

• 3 weeks later...
American mustage Iron.

thats understandable. you are an American vintage Iron kind of guy.

I just can't stand having all the old cars ran out of the series in such a short period. And blatantly crooked in the open.

If I actually though it would be ruled fair, I would just protest anybody with a ABS. Since there is no way to prove what is being ran in the car. It is DQ! We all know that wont be done, since they wouldn't DQ a national winner because pictures were already taken!

American mustage Iron.

thats understandable. you are an American vintage Iron kind of guy.

I just can't stand having all the old cars ran out of the series in such a short period. And blatantly crooked in the open.

If I actually though it would be ruled fair, I would just protest anybody with a ABS. Since there is no way to prove what is being ran in the car. It is DQ! We all know that wont be done, since they wouldn't DQ a national winner because pictures were already taken!

ah....the abs boogie man. whatever gets you thru the night

Robin: "AIX Outlaw" isn't a class, per se, they run under AIX, but at a power:weight ratio and modification restrictions agreed upon by the competitors. As such, they are NOT legal for AI, but are certainly legal for AIX. Competitive in a true AIX field? I doubt it.

Hi Robin! Long time buddy. Outlaw is is very close to AI and nothing like a true AIX car. Just opening up the AI rules a bit to allow more cars in and running in AIX allows us to do that. All we need to do is ballast or tune for AI power. To answer your question, Yes! Ryan and I are planning on being at Miller this year. I will be bringing my new boss powered, 69 mustang AI car. Cant wait.

I plan on running in normal AI trim this year in preparation for Miller. My car is only a set of Toyo's, 20hp, and 50lbs away from AI. I'm looking forward to trying to keep up with the S197's in my old Fox. Should be fun!!

Great to here that you guys will be there. How do you think the turnout will be, any guesses? Miller is a long way from everyone but it is a nice track. I just wonder, AI seems to have fallen out of favor and yet we had a good field at Mid-O and you guys have good fields too.

Just thinking out loud,

Robin

Great to here that you guys will be there. How do you think the turnout will be, any guesses? Miller is a long way from everyone but it is a nice track. I just wonder, AI seems to have fallen out of favor and yet we had a good field at Mid-O and you guys have good fields too.

Just thinking out loud,

Robin

Robin, you and your friends need to bring 15 or 20 Spec iron cars to rent out. We don't get to pick or even use the same car for more than one race. That would be fun, normal rental type stuff if we kill it we buy it. I would be in in a flash.

Just thinking out loud,

Robin

Robin, you and your friends need to bring 15 or 20 Spec iron cars to rent out. We don't get to pick or even use the same car for more than one race. That would be fun, normal rental type stuff if we kill it we buy it. I would be in in a flash.

x2! Aw-some!!

I just dropped my phone three times trying to get Robin and Poe on speed dial text's

Just thinking out loud,

Robin

Not sure how the turn out will be. I would say probably 3 of the AI West regulars and perhaps a couple of the AV8SS guys may be game? Utah is nice for us and I assume a bunch of the texas boys will be there.