Schroth quick fit harness questions

M3Eurotrash

Is anyone using these and how do you like them. Putting together a car for de thats a dual purpose car and eventually down the road going to be a track car. Car doesnt have a cage or seats in it yet. Looking for opinions and wondering if they will pass tech.

Heres a link to the harnesses

http://www.soloracer.com/e36rallye4.html

Thanks

Adam

Not sure if it will pass tech but I would not recommend any 4 point harness. There is a reason all of the real race harnesses need that submarine strap. The last thing you want to do is slide out from under your belts in a collision. May make you a bit shorter. Also, getting a non OEM 3 point belt is not the best for a non caged car (or roll bar) as in the event of a rollover, you will but stuck in one place while the roof tries to move your head for you.

I understand all that. But HPDE doesnt mandate a cage. This setup would allow use of HANS device since i already own one and would go to another setup. So it would be better then a OEM 3 point system.

I understand all that. But HPDE doesnt mandate a cage. This setup would allow use of HANS device since i already own one and would go to another setup. So it would be better then a OEM 3 point system.

While HPDE doesn't mandate a cage, one is needed for anything beyond a 3 point. This is because your will not be able to contort out of the way of the roof in the event of a rollover. This would cause serious neck injury with or without the Hans. The 3 point is actually a very well engineered system and should be used until a proper roll bar or cage is installed.

Is the car an E36? That's the only car in which those could be HPDE legal (for now) as per CCR 11.3.2

Although you still run the risk of not being able to find an instructor or passenger who wants to ride with those.

• 5 months later...

As long as those 4 point harnesses have the "FIA" rating on them, they'll be fine (per the CCR, 11.3.2). I have some SCHROTH 4 point harnesses that have the FIA rating and have the anti-submarine material on the outboard shoulder belt. However, I wouldn't recommend them without a cage, either full or back half.