More Magazine Ink for Wilson/Tone

turbolx

Yet another writeup in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords on the Blue #29 car. Sheesh, they'll let anyone's car in that 'zine.... *cough*June2004*cough*

Time to just bite the bullet and slap an "X" on it and return to play with the big dogs with that IRS... I'll even volunteer to help remove the tape from the air filter.

I'm not going to say anything other than if I wanted to run AIX we would have built a completely different car. We built an AI car to run AI not AIX.

Then take that stupid ass independant rear end out and go race. If one can't be competitive with a solid rear axle in American Iron, then that car/driver has other issues to work on.

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

We are running it in the AV8SS series and it's doing quite well. We had a slight problem that sidelined the car last race but we'll be back in the fight early August.

Mark how would you compare AV8SS with AI? As in level of competition, rules, and general feel of the series (if there is such a thing).

Unless our moderator says otherwise I don't believe I am able to compare the two series in an open forum. If JWL allows it I'll be more than happy to post the differences but until then I'll refrain.

Too funny Chris.... I agree.

I do miss racing with Team WilsTone though... they put on a great movie night in the old days.

But really, I think those boys put a lot of work, time ( and $$ ) into that new Mustang and obviously the car is very competitive, the IRS is a good set up and they shouldn't change it for anyone .... I say race it where it is legal and go win some money.... you dont hear them complaining.

Elliott Fisher

Panoz Racing Series # 71

( 2003 AI Series Champion ) that was for you Nemesis ....

• 4 weeks later...

Mark, I'm interested in the diff. of AI and the Super series, as I'm building a 05 to maybe run in the V8 class. We currently just completed our rookie status and will be runnin the back of the pack with my AI car (97 Cobra) and will run the Time trails(end of the day) with the 05 starting TWS in aug.

Can you give any thoughts (non-refrain)

Thanks,

Skip

Mark, I'm interested in the diff. of AI and the Super series, as I'm building a 05 to maybe run in the V8 class. We currently just completed our rookie status and will be runnin the back of the pack with my AI car (97 Cobra) and will run the Time trails(end of the day) with the 05 starting TWS in aug.

Can you give any thoughts (non-refrain)

Thanks,

Skip

Send me an email to mwilson7 (at) comcast.net and I'll let you know the differences.