Which Trailer to Buy – 24’ or 28’

DrC

Looking to buy an enclosed trailer and not sure what size would be best. Do not want to buy to short of trails and wish it was longer. Nor do I want to buy to long of trailer – more than I need.

I drive a 95 Mustang and do not have a lot of support stuff. Current I have a open steel trailer pulled with full size F350 Ford truck rear wheel drive (not a dully).

I am seeing a lot of trailers both 24ft and 28ft that are between $5000 and 6500 most have the V front with 5200 pound axles, brakes on all 4 wheels.

Please let me know your thoughts based on what you have and what you wished you had done.

What kind of street do you live on? I have an 18' open that I bring to my house on a cul de sac all the time without too much of a headache. Depends on who is at home and/or parked in the street. I bought a 28' enclosed earlier this year and immediately sold it because it was too much of a hassle to get to the house. I think my personal ideal trailer will be a 20' or 22' v-nose.

I've got a 98 mustang and use a 24' with the 5200 axles and have plenty of room.It has a full work bench across the front inside,a/c and plenty of lights with outlets.I made two custom tire racks to give me extra space inside.I stay at hotels so I have no need for sleeping bunks and stuff like that though there would be room for it with the car outside.24' trailers are the most common and resale is quicker if you want to get rid of it.If I was going to carry extra trany's,rearends and big parts like that I'd buy and 28'.I bought mine in 07 and would buy the same size again but I probably go aluminum when I go to trade.

Robert

Jim, that was going to be my next question - would a golf cart fit in with the car? - Thanks

Will start looking at the 24ft V, The guy said it was 26ft from back door to front inside.