Corvette Coupe..HPDE..rollbar required?

jranaudo

Ctrl+F would probably have the same results for Miata though.

That said, I don't believe that the Corvette's targa setup qualifies it as an "open" car, thus, no rollbar required (but it still may or may not be a good idea depending on the car's usage, your tracks, etc, etc.)

Ctrl+F would probably have the same results for Miata though.

A Miata is a very well-known convertible. The Corvette in question is not. I scanned the CC&R to see if there was something specific to the Corvette in regards to safety.

My point was that there's not a listing of cars that have to have rollbars in the CCR, thus, searching for a specific car won't help answer the question either way. You have to know what defines an "open" car, and then you go to the section to see what "open" cars have to have over stock (if anything - there's a whole nother level with cars that have adequate vs inadequate factory rollover protection).

I wouldn't consider a Corvette with a "targa" setup to be a convertible. Those b-pillars are supposed to be pretty sturdy. Otherwise, all regional directors have the list of which convertibles are approved by the national office to run in HPDE without only factory rollover protection (i.e. not aftermarket 4-point rollbars or better.) Specific regions or tracks may have additional rules to deal with. None of that is in the CCR... and all safety gear including rollover protection is a good idea...