Exhaust rule question

jp99gt

For any regions running time trials, I have a question about rating the exhaust components for points.

The rules mention catbacks, and aftermarket headers, but make no mention of aftermarket H- or X-pipes, with or without high flow cats.

Has anyone addressed this, and for the national folks reading this, how about a clarification in the rules?

I noticed the rules are not quit complete yet myself. There is no mention of things like: light weight flywheel, small batteries or no battery at all, min height of cars, removing sun roof (weight reduction), performance suspension bushings, aftermarket mass airflow sensors, bigger throttle bodies, ect...

I think that someone with a coil over set up for the street 300ish lbs/inch rates, should get +7 points, were someone with race springs 650+ lbs/inch should get the full +9. But I’m just rambling about the rules I’m sure the rules will get better as TT grows.

TT is based on the NASA-X autocross system. I think a key part of it was to keep it simple. However, this is the place to suggest rules changes.

There isn't really a TT Series director, and a lot of things will vary by region, but we are always open to suggestions. John Lindsey and are are probably the ones to talk to... his user name is JWL.

-Jim

I think that someone with a coil over set up for the street 300ish lbs/inch rates, should get +7 points, were someone with race springs 650+ lbs/inch should get the full +9. But I’m just rambling about the rules I’m sure the rules will get better as TT grows.

Well, I think there'd need to be a sliding scale for spring rates, not a fixed amount because the spring rates vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle and their effectiveness depends on the design of the suspension. But I could see how there should be levels and not just all or nothing.

I don't recall if there is a rule about TT cars needing to be street legal... if they were then maybe it would be self enforcing because no one would want to drive a 650lb/in sprung car on the street