First Honda EK Racecar in Mexico

dortega01

Hello guys this is my first post on the forum. Nice to write to you all... haha

My name is Diego Ortega and Ive been racing for a while in many race classes here in Mexico, even won championships, from karts and spec formulas, to Nascar Mexico.

This year I began competing in the Mexican Touring Car Championship, where 1600 lb. tubular chassis with full race 170 whp 140 tq 2.0 liter 8v VW engined racecars dominated.....until now.

Since I am running now on my own budget, I decided to build the first Honda Civic EK Racecar raced in Mexico, since people don´t know much about Hondas here...(Only VW, Opels, Renaults and stuff like that) It had a B18C JDM engine with bolt ons, and suspension. Race weight was over 2150 lbs.

I won my first race in a class where lighter, more aerodynamic and torquier race cars are faster. After that race, a guy bought it from me, and I decided to build another Honda. This time, a EG chassis with a K20A2 engine with ITBs, headers, open exhaust, KPro, Skunk 2 Pro Cs with its stock springrate, full adjustability in alignment (camber, toes, heights), no bar in front and a rear ASR 24mm with around 2200 lbs weight. Stock tranny seems to work well at this track.

I know that many of you guys here have a lot of experience and some advice about my car/car setup would be apreciated since Im the first guy here in Mexico with this kind of cars.

Oh, the track is Mexicos, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, a medium-fast racetrack with smooth transitions and only one hard braking zone.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hola Diego , todavía se llama categoría pony ? Si tienes alguna pregunta en específico déjame saber