anyone used the new Maxxis RC1?

bob-e

Thinking about buying a set for a cheap enduro tire. Performance doesn't matter as much as falling apart and throwing me into a wall:shock:

well, so far so good. I went ahead and ordered them. tough to beat 560 shipped for 205/50/15. i ordered mid day friday and they are scheduled to be at my door on monday. i'll post my review of them after the 4 hour enduro in june

well, so far so good. I went ahead and ordered them. tough to beat 560 shipped for 205/50/15. i ordered mid day friday and they are scheduled to be at my door on monday. i'll post my review of them after the 4 hour enduro in june

Sounds good! I've used 205/50 RA1 R888 NT01 and SM6. I'm wanting to try these, the Hankook C51 and C71, and the 195/55 Hankook TD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought them from Maxxis direct. They don't charge shipping. Car only did 3 laps in the enduro. Car ran later in the weekend, but I didn;t drive it. Driver only lost a couple seconds over A6. Slow car though mid/low 1:50s at road atlanta

Driver only lost a couple seconds over A6.

A couple of seconds or a couple of tenths? A couple of seconds is a lot lol.

I refer to the PT/TT points system for general tire compound comparisons. As the Maxxis is a +10 compound, and the A6 is a +13 compound, I would suspect that the Maxxis is 1-2 seconds slower than an A6, based on what I have seen of back-to-back R6 (+10) vs A6 (+13) testing at Homestead and Sebring with a TTB car.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nah can't touch their speed

^^^ Which moderator approved this seemingly spamtastic post? A more on-topic reply is needed to avoid deletion and/or banning.

Mark